Chapter 16

Today was it, our gig at the dance. Despite being incredibly nervous, I was also excited. Unfortunately mother nature decided to creep up on me as I sluggishly made my way through school. No amount of hype for seeing us play could lift my mood, which is why I was incredibly happy when school was over and I plopped down on the couch with a massive groan.

"What's up with you? Terrible day at school?" Luke asks, voice laced with concern.

"Girl problems," Julie says coming inside, throwing a bottle of midol at me which I happily caught. After a few seconds she also handed me a water.

Taking two pills out of the bottle I downed them in a nanosecond, now I just had to wait for them to kick in. I looked around the room and saw Alex wasn't here, must be out with Willie. How cute.

"It can't be that bad of pain," Reggie says trying to make me feel better, which it did slightly.

I sighed "Take getting hit in the nuts and times that by 10 and add on a headache," then snuggled into a blanket. Julie brought over a heating pad, placing it across my stomach.

"Thank you queen," I say with a bright smile.

"Ooh that would be painful," Reggie replies after calculating the pain scale in his head.

"Yeah, anyway we have a gig tonight at our school dance," I say as they gathered around the piano.

"We're playing a dance, it's not exactly the strip," Luke says with a scrunched up face.

"And we're not exactly alive so just be thankful that we have our first gig," Reggie rebuttals making Julie giggle.

"Got that right Reg, now if only this damn pain went away, I'd be hyping us all up," I say slowing making my way over to them, I leaned on the piano for support as I stopped beside Luke.

"This is how we get our band out there, then we'll get managers lining up to sign us. Go on tours and put out a bunch of albums," Julie explains how things worked now a days.

"Ooh put out a country album that does really well," Reggie adds making us look over at him "I shred on the Bango,"

Julie smiles "Then I'll learn how to fiddle,"

"And I'll learn how to play the harmonica and maybe the kazoo," I joked as Reggie and I bumped fists while Luke looked a bit grumpy that we were feeding into Reggie's country dreams. However he just looked adorable rather than menacing.

"But then we'll get inducted into the rock and roll Hall of Fame," Luke finishes our band goals.

"But one of us isn't there, because we had a blowout on 2032. My money's on Alex, he's just so sensitive," Reggie says making me shake my head at his goofiness.

Just then Alex came through the door, literally since it was closed and he hasn't mastered opening things yet. He had a big smile on his face.

"What's up," he asks looking over us, as we decided which songs to sing at the dance.

"We're going to practice for our first gig," I say excitedly since I was starting to feel better.

"Where are we playing?" He asks just as Flynn came in, making a dramatic entrance.

"Dance update, I still don't have a date," she sighs just as Alex shakes his head.

"We're playing a dance," he states.

I nod as Luke smiled at him "It's how we get a following these days," he says making us laughs.

"Yeah Alex get with the program," Julie and I reply in unison with was creepy.

"Oh the guys are here, hi guys," she says waving in the completely wrong direction to where the guys were. I giggled as Julie told her she was waving in the wrong direction.

Then Carlos came in saying that he had a solution to keeping the ghosts out of the garage. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a shaker of salt, saying that the salt will burn out the souls of the ghosts, protecting us from them.

I giggled at how wrong that statement was as Carlos began flinging salt around like a mad man. Laughing as the guys screamed and flinched trying to avoid getting hit by it.

Alex wasn't so lucky as he got pelted with the salt, holding up his arms he screamed thinking he was going to disappear for good.

"I'm good. Totally fine," he says after a few seconds letting out a sigh as Flynn asked Carlos to salt her a path to the kitchen. I was in a fit of giggles.

"The only thing salt would do is keeping ghosts out of the garage, not burning out your souls. The only way to get rid of you permanently, would be for me to help you cross over. Or digging up your bones and burning them," I explained which calmed them down slightly.

Luke then went to show us some songs that would be good for us to sing. Getting mad at Reggie for putting a country song in his journal. It was then that he began playing a song, then Julie accused him of sampling other people's songs. Apparently the song he played was a classic Trevor Wilson song.

I've heard of him but hadn't heard any of his music. We then went on to discover that Trevor was the guys old band mate, Bobby. He recorded most of sunset curves unreleased songs making a fortune off of it. Living in a massive mansion, with a helicopter.

The guys were furious as they begged Julie to tell them where he lived. Once knowing the address, they poofed away in a instant. Flynn came back saying something about eye candy before her and Julie ran off to make sure the guys didn't do anything stupid.

I let out a sigh. If they wanted to haunt this Bobby it could end badly for them. I didn't want them to become a poltergeist, which would be a very bad thing. Haunting people wouldn't end well for them, and I wouldn't want to make them crossover.

Hopefully they let this go.....