Chapter 12

After getting Julie on better terms with Flynn, they both went off to spend time together. Probably devouring a pint of icecream while watching cheesy chick flicks. Alex and Reggie said they were going to walk around downtown Hollywood, seeing all the illegal things they could get away with as ghosts. Leaving Luke and I alone.

I was drawing in the sketchbook while he fiddled on his guitar. If Ray asked about it then Julie would most likely say that I was blasting a cd. However since he was playing his accoustic and it wasn't plugged into an amp, it wasn't too loud. It was actually quite beautiful.

My hand danced across the page as I got lost in the melody. I hadn't even realised what I was drawing until Luke stopped playing and pointed it out.

"That's amazing Sammie," he exclaims walking over and sitting beside me, leaning over to get a better look at the drawing.

I shivered as his arm brushed mine and gazed down into my lap where a full blown shaded drawing lingered across the page. It was of us all preforming Bright in front of the whole school. I was center of the page, mic stand clasped in my hands, a big smile on my face.

Julie standing behind the piano, focused on the keys and she belted out the lyrics. Reggie and Alex rocking on their preferred instruments gazing out at the audience. Lastly there was Luke, jamming out on his electric guitar, however his gazed rested only on me as he sang.

"Sometimes when I'm lost in my thoughts I don't realize what I'm drawing. It's like my brain shuts down and my hands take control of my body," I say smiling down at the picture.

"Well you're extremely talented, it's a beautiful drawing. You even got Reggie's crooked teeth right," he joked causing me to laugh.

"His teeth aren't crooked," I say shaking my head. I placed my sketchbook on the table.

"So you said you play piano, how'd you like to learn guitar?" He asks a twinkle in his hazel eyes.

"I'd love too, Landon tried to teach me once but he was very impatient about it," I reply and he gets up, grabbing my hand pulling me up with him.

He walked over to his guitar and handed it to me. Instead of showing me where to place my fingers, he came behind me, placing his hands on mine then positioned my fingers on the correct frets. Of course this caused me to blush profusely at the close proximity.

When I had my fingers in the right place, he told me to strum. As I did a beautiful note played making me smile. He then began showing me all the notes, and how to play them correctly.

After awhile he taught me how to play Bright. Of course I was still going to need more practice, but I had to start somewhere. Although Luke being so close wasn't helping much since I kept blushing like an idiot.

A hour went by then we stopped for the time being. Walking over to the piano we saw a song placed on top of it, so naturally we decided to learn and sing it. With me on piano.

Third person p.o.v

Alex and Reggie had come back from their little adventure. Reggie saying he was going to see what Julie and Flynn were up too while Alex ventured over to the studio. Peaking in the window he giggled at the sight before him.

Luke had his arms around Sam as he taught her how to play guitar. She was blushing alot, meaning she definitely had a crush on her, but Luke was just as red. They fiddled around for a while longer before calling it for the day.

It was then that they noticed a song resting on the piano. Which caused Alex to grin as they decided to play it, not knowing it was a love duet. Sam began playing on the piano, hands dancing elegantly across the keys and Luke began singing.

Step into my world
Bittersweet love story 'bout a girl
Shook me to the core
Voice like an angel
I've never heard before

Here in front of me
They're shining so much brighter
Than I have ever seen
Life can be so mean
But when he goes, I know he doesn't leave

The truth is finally breaking through
Two worlds collide when I'm with you
Our voices rise and soar so high
We come to life when we're
In perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa
Perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa
Perfect harmony

You set me free
You and me together is more than chemistry
Love me as I am
I'll hold your music here inside my hands

We say we're friends, we play pretend
You're more to me, we're everything
Our voices rise and soar so high
We come to life when we're
In perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa
Perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa
Perfect harmony

I feel your rhythm in my heart
Yeah yeah yeah
You are my brightest burning star
Whoah whoah oh
I never knew a love so real (so real)
We're heaven on earth
Melody and words
When we're together we're

In perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa
Perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa

We say we're friends (we play pretend)
You're more to me (we create)
Perfect harmony

They finished the song, a mess of red faces as they gazed at eachother. The smile on Alex's face only widened as he watched the scene unfold.

"Are they singing a love ballad?" The voice of Julie asked causing Alex to nod as he turned to look at her. Reggie was standing beside her, Flynn nowhere in sight.

"Where did they get that song?" He asks causing Alex to chuckle.

"Let's just say my plan is in full swing and is working,"...........