Chapter 7

After a few hours of me crying into Luke's chest, I finally pulled away having no tears left to cry. He just sat there whispering soothing things in my ear as I rest my head on his shoulder. It felt good to cry as if a weight was lifted off me, and I felt better.

"Losing a loved one is always the hardest thing a human has to deal with, but if you ever need someone to talk to, the guys and I will always be there to listen," he says breaking our comfortable silence.

"It wouldn't hurt this much if I had been able to say goodbye to them. But I never got to," I say looking up into his hazel eyes, it didn't take much to get lost in them.

"I know how you feel. Before I died, there was this fight I had with my mom. It was so bad that I ran away from home. She didn't want me to be a musician, and I left. I've regretted it everyday since. Now that I'm back, it pains me when I think about not making amends with her. I went to visit them, it hurt to know that they still grieve me even after 25 years," he tells me with a sad look.

"I can't imagine what that feels like. Must be hard being able to visit them but not be able to talk to them. For me I'd give anything to see them again, even as ghosts but they've crossed over," I sigh and Luke rubbed my shoulder, which was very soothing.

"How do you know they crossed over?" He asks and I thought it was sweet he wanted to know more about my gift.

"I helped them cross," I say wiping away a tear that didn't want to leave my eye.

"That must've been hard, but at least they are in a better place," he replied offering a small smile.

"That's why I never take things for granted and usually don't open up to people. It seems those I get close to end up being taken from me," I state trying to be as open with him as possible. I don't know why I'm telling him all this, I just met him yet it feels as though we've been friends for years. It's the same with Alex and Reggie.

"Closing yourself off to the world just means they have to miss out on how great of a person you are. Life's short, why keep people away?" He says nudging my shoulder.

"I'm not much of a people person. I don't let people in because I've always been made fun of. Called a freak because of my gift. It was so bad that mom even pulled us out of public school, been homeschooled ever since. That is until tomorrow," I inform him.

He grabbed my hand, rubbing the pad of his thumb across the back. It caused a blush to form on my cheeks, the only boy I've been this close to was Landon. "You're not a freak, just different. Being different is an amazing thing. If we were all the same life would be incredibly boring," he says reaching up and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear which made me smile.

"I like being different, it's just everyone else who doesn't," I say which in most cases is true. People are always trying to change who they are, and be something they aren't. Why does the world work like that?

"Well I'm a ghost and you talk to dead people. So we couldn't be anymore different from the rest of the world, but that just makes us awesome," he says with an adorable laugh.

I smiled "Yeah it does. Thanks for comforting me even though you didn't have to. How'd you even know I was here?" I think I knew the answer but wanted him to clarify.

"Well you seemed terribly upset, especially after singing that song. Lovely voice you got there, but I just wanted to make sure you were alright. As for your question, we asked Julie," he says while still playing with my hand.

"Wait, Alex and Reggie were here too? Why didn't they come over?" I asked giving him a confused looked.

"They thought I'd be better at comforting you being as I can relate the most with now you're feeling," he explains before standing up. My hand was still in his as he gently pulled me to my feet. "We should head back, Julie's probably worried about you,"

We walked hand in hand back to my car, mostly because neither one of us wanted to let go. But also so we could talk without people thinking I was crazy.

~~~

Once back at the house we made our way into the studio where the guys were chilling around the piano, a sheet of music in front of them, probably the song Rose wrote. Julie was standing by the door, extremely angry.

"What did you do?" I asked stopping beside the pissed off girl as Luke went to stand with his bandmates.

"I didn't do anything, it was all them," Alex says throwing his friends under the bus.

"They were in my room trying to mess with my stuff. Luke tried looking in my dream box," she says with rage but I could see in her eyes that she was happy they didn't look through the box.

I gasped "Luke first rule about being friends with a girl. You never look in their dream box or try to," this caused the boys to chuckle but I was being serious.

"Well luckily for you, we still don't know how to pick things up. Although Alex did manage to pick up a picture," Reggie says looking at his friend with pride.

Julie let out a growl about boundaries before storming out of the room leaving us all in silence. After a few seconds I went over to the cd player and pressed play wanting to hear the song that was playing when the boys appeared. It sounded familiar. It was so I began singing.

Take off, last stop
Countdown 'til we blast open the top
Face first, full charge
Electric hammer to the heart

Clocks move forward
But we don't get older, no
Kept on climbing
'Til our stars collided
And all the times we fell behind
Were just the keys to paradise

Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising
Up right now
And even if we hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never

Hear the noise in my head
It's calling out like a voice I can't forget
One life, no regrets
Catch up, got no time to catch my breath

And clocks move faster
'Cause it's all we're after now, oh
Won't stop climbing
'Cause this is our time, yeah
When all the days felt black and white
Those were the best shades of my life

Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising
Up right now
And even if we hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never

We ain't searching for tomorrow (tomorrow)
'Cause we got all we need today (today)
Living on a feeling that's been running through our veins
We're the revolution that's been singing in the rain

Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising
Up right now
And even if we hit the ground
We'll still fly
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever
But live it like it's now or never
It's now or never (now or never)

As the song finished I shut the cd off. I could feel the guys staring at me, a look of shock on their faces.

"How did you know that song?" Alex asks shyly. He's just adorable. Can't wait for him to get a ghost boyfriend.

"I didn't think much about you guys until I heard the song yesterday. I know it because my mom was a fan of you back in the day. Had a huge crush on Reggie," I state which was true. Mom had a few of their demos back at the house. Reggie's cheeks became red as he gushed.

"Awe shucks," he says causing the boys to laugh.

"That's funny because most of the ladies had crushes on Alex," Luke says winking at the drummer.

"That's because chicks dig drummers," I say making Alex's face go red like Reggie's. These guys are just too precious......

Hey guys I forgot to say it in the last chapter but the song Sam sang is called out loud by Gabbie Hanna. Also thanks so much for reading.

Bailey