Chapter 24

Julie's p.o.v

Samarah seemed really excited about something. She was bubbly but also nervous at school but tried to hide her feelings but Flynn and I weren't buying it. So when I asked her what had her all worked up, she said that she was going to give Luke's parents the song he wrote for his mother. I thought it was sweet of her, considering how he never got to sing it to her.

However Flynn had different ideas when she told Sam that although her intentions were cute, there wasn't a point in falling for a ghost. Since he was just made of air, even though Sam can fully well make contact with all ghosts.

It also made me feel sad that nothing could fully happen between Reggie and I. Not that I could help my feelings for him, but I just wish he wasn't a ghost. Then things could work out for us, not that I hated the idea of him being a ghost. It just would be nice to hold his hand or hug the guys from time to time. Like Sam can.

With school being over with, Sam drove us home before she grabbed the song and headed over to Luke's old house. I wonder if she told him about her plan, probably not.

I made my way upstairs into my room, knowing that I had homework but not feeling like doing it right away. Since there wasn't that much for me to do, although I still had promised dad to focus on school first before the band. Which I have been.

Grabbing my laptop I flopped onto my bed in relief as I booted up Disney plus. As I was about to scroll through the movies there was a knock on the door.

Gazing up I saw a hand pull back from the inside of the door before Reggie's head peaked through the closed door. God I was never going to get use to that.

"What's up?" I asked as he fully walked through the door. Alex and Luke were nowhere to be seen.

"I wanted to hang out with you, nobody else seems to be around," he says walking over to the bed and sitting down cautiously.

"Yeah that's fine, I was about to watch a movie," I replied before sitting back against my pillows. He nestled in beside me.

"Ooh can we please watch some of the Star Wars movies? I've only seen the three originals," he chirps excited as I searched through the main screen.

"Yeah sure," I say before clicking on the phantom menace, which was the first of the prequels.

He looked happy as the movie began playing and I couldn't be bothered with the film as I watched his reactions. They were truely adorable as he went into his usual golden retriever mode.

"So that's what Jar Jar is," he exclaims as the character appeared on the screen. It must've been strange for him, having liked a series only to die, come back 25 years later to find out that there were now twelve movies in the franchise. As well as a number of tv shows.

"Yeah I don't really see the point with adding him. He doesn't hold much plot convenience," I add looking at the screen again. It had been awhile since I've seen the movie but it felt nice watching it with Reggie. Despite the prequels being highly meme-able.

"I guess he's supposed to be like some comic relief," He points out looking over at me with a smile which made my heart flutter.

"Makes sense," I state eyes never leaving his for a few seconds before both went back to watching the movie.

We spent the rest of the afternoon watching the movie and enjoying each other's company. Talking about how most of the characters were cringy, especially when we began the second one where Aniken is basically a grown up version of Caiuolle.

As we talked I tried holding his hand, getting sad as it went through him landing on the bed.

"It's an interesting relationship you and I have," he admits taking is eyes off our hands offering up a smile. I returned it only to be met with him clutching his chest as he groaned in pain.

"Are you alright?" I asked with worried eyes, wondering what just happened.

He nodded before explaining how it's been happening to him and the guys ever since that went to see that ghost guy. Apparently those jolts will eventually cause them to waste away to nothing unless they cross over. It's either that of they'll have to play in the evil ghosts band for ever.

"How are you going to crossover? Samarah wouldn't be able to deal with helping you cross," I asked letting out a sigh trying not to cry at the thought of them being gone. This band with the most amazing thing to happen to me and Sam. What would we do without them?

"We know, which is why we need to find a way to play the Orpheum," he says with a shrug. It would be amazing to play there. But the only question was, how to get a gig there?.......