Chapter 8

It was later in the night and I was lying in bed wide awake. I have no idea what the guys were up to but the studio was silent. My stomach rumbled loudly so I begrudgingly got up and made my way inside to see what I could find in the kitchen.

The house was quiet meaning everyone else was asleep, or in their rooms. I made my way into the kitchen to see Luke standing in front of the fridge, door wide open as he gazed longingly into it.

"Why are you torturing yourself like that?" I asked making my presence known walking over and pulling out the milk.

He sighs "I just wanted to see what you had," he states, voice laced with sadness.

I shut the fridge, not wanting to waste Rays power since he paid the bills around here. "Hey do you know how long it took me to open that," Luke says in exasperation, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry but you're only going to make yourself even sadder plus it's using up power," I reply going over to grab a glass from the cabinet.

Opening the door, it revealed the glasses being on a high shelf that I was just shy of reaching. After a few failed attempts at jumping to try and grab one, I felt strong arms snake around my waist. They lifted me up just enough so I was able to get the glass, then my feet were placed back on the ground.

Turning around I blushed seeing Luke so close to me, his arms still around me, our bodies pressed together which caused me to get more flustered as I gazed into his beautiful hazel eyes. We were lucky no one came into the kitchen, as it would be incredibly hard to explain why I was suddenly floating in mid air, or seemingly gazing at nothing.

Shaking my head I pulled away "Um....Thanks," I say as I poured my milk, placing the pitcher back inside the fridge. With my drink poured, I began making a peanut butter sandwich because nothing beats a good ole PB sandwich.

"Where Alex and Reggie?" I ask after a few minutes of silence, but it was a comfortable one despite what happened a few seconds ago.

Luke stood beside me, so close our shoulders were touching as I put the peanut butter on some bread "I don't know where Alex went but I'm pretty sure Reggie is bugging Julie," he replies giving me a weird look as I decided to add Nutella to my snack at the last minute.

"Do you think he has a crush on her?" I ask looking up at him, which caused our faces to be really close together.

"Most certainly. He hasn't stopped talking about her since we heard her singing this morning," he says with a smile, happy for his friend. "Also what's Nutella?"

It pained me to know that they didn't have the beauty that is Nutella back into the 90s, they were truly missing out because it's heavenly. Smiling I grabbed a spoon and dunked it in the jar, then lifted it up to Luke's mouth. He seemed puzzled at first, considering he's a ghost and couldn't eat anything. Or so he thought.

"Trust me," I say and he opened his mouth, allowing me to place the spoon inside then pulled it back as he licked to Nutella off.

"Oh my god!! That's amazing," he exclaims making these weird noises as he enjoyed the Nutella, and the first thing he ate in the last 25 years.

I laughed at how adorable he was being "Damn right it is, nothing beats Nutella except maybe chocolate," with that I put the spoon in the sink then finished making my sandwich.

Luke then went on about how Julie and I should join their band because we were amazing singers. He also said they planned on helping Julie get back into her music program since music is such a big part of her life, which was sweet that they wanted to help her.

He also went on to say that he was going to do everything he could to make me feel better and help me in anyway possible. Saying that my tainted hotdog could be right around the corner. Now if any other person heard that, knowing that's how him and the guys died, then they would lose their appetite.

However, I was really hungry and nothing could deter me from eating my beloved sandwich, which is exactly what I did. We spend the next few minutes being silly and enjoying each other's company. Before I finally went back to bed.

Little did they know that Alex was watching them, a big goofy grin on his face as he watched his best friend falling for their new friend. Plotting a way for them the get together.......

Hey everyone I can't believe this book is almost at 200 reads already, it hasn't even been 5 days it's incredible. Thanks so much for reading. Hope you enjoy the story.

Bailey