Chapter 6

The boys gathered around the piano while I sat down on the couch. Soon they began discussing why Julie lied about playing the piano and how she had an amazing voice. I knew it all lead back to her mother's death, but knew it wasn't my place to tell them that.

I thought it was sweet that they cared about her as much as I did, even though they just met us yesterday. Julie was like a sister to me and I felt bad not knowing about Rose until yesterday.

Part of me wishes that I did know before then, then I could've been there to help her through, since she was there to help me when I lost my mom, but I also had Landon, she didn't have anyone.

Since I'm more of an introvert compared to most people, it was extremely easy for me to read people and be extremely observant. I saw the looks Carlos, Ray, Tia and Flynn were giving her when she wasn't looking. Worried for her, but they also looked as if they were waiting for her to snap. Something I've been through as well. I felt like it was my fault I wasn't there to help her.

"Why so sad sweetie?" A voice asks causing me to leave my thoughts.

Looking up I saw Ray standing in the middle of the studio, a camera around his neck. He must need pictures for buyers to see how the house looks. The guys were still around the piano, Luke and Reggie had tears in their eyes. It must've been a reaction to something Ray said that I hadn't heard.

"I just feel bad for not being there for Julie when she needed me the most. After mom died her and Landon never left my side until they knew I was getting over the grief, yet I still deal with it, not they knew about that. I'm also upset that Landon never told me about her dying. Her and mom were like sisters," I say as I watched the guys give me sad looks before Alex poofed them out, knowing this was something they weren't meant to hear. Although I would tell them eventually, since I had a feeling they'd be around for awhile.

"Oh Sammie, it's not your fault. Yes you knowing could've helped Julie cope better but it's really Landon's fault for not telling you. But I understand why he didn't, since you were just as close to Rose as Julie was. She was like a second mother or aunt figure for you," he says setting his camera down on the table before plopping down in a chair.

"You're right but it's just now I've gotta deal with the deaths of three people who were very important to me, along with trying to get better and I want to help Julie too. It was amazing heading her sing and play. Maybe she'll finally move forward," I say wiping away a tear that escaped my eye. Ray smiled placing a peck on my head before leaving for work. It was then that I decided to go to the one place that brought me closure.

~~~

Third person p.o.v

The guys came back to the studio after trying to check on Reggie's parents. They were upset that the whole block had been torn down, but soon regained their happiness as they sang a song. Glad that people could hear them play again.

Upon entering they realized that Samarah was nowhere to be found which made them worry for their new friend. They had never seen someone so broken and all they wanted was to make her feel better. Alex had done the right thing when he poofed them away from her emotional talk with Ray. He knew that she'd tell them everything when the time was right.

Still, seeing her so upset made them want to help her in anyway they could, which is why they showed up at Julie's school. They asked her where they could find her god sister, and she told them that Sam was more than likely at the graveyard where her mom and brother were buried.

With this new information they poofed over to the graveyard Julie told them about and found their new friend sitting on her knees in front of two graves, the second one newly dug. They watched as she placed flowers on both of them and that's when Luke felt his heart breaking. He didn't know why but he really cared about Samarah even though he just met her.

Samarah seemed to be talking to the graves, or the ghosts of her family. But it wasn't likely, since if she could do that then she wouldn't be so upset. They watched sadly as she suddenly began to sing.

I still taste your presence
Once sweet but it turned sour
Tried to shake your indifference
But it's too late now

I hear you in the quiet
I see you when I'm in the dark
You just couldn't fight for this
But it's not your fault

Say what you mean out loud
Drowning in silence when I'm lost in the crowd
'Cause every sweet thing you'd never speak
It's deafening, never knowin' what could be
Wish I could show you how
But you're just a ghost now

Your laughter haunts me
Like a ringing in my ear
You left me long ago, you're still everywhere
I reach out for you
I'm desperate for your warmth
Can you tell me where we went wrong?
At least tell me just to move on

Say what you mean out loud
Drowning in silence when I'm lost in the crowd
'Cause every sweet thing you'd never speak
It's deafening, never knowin' what could be
Wish I could show you how
But you're just a ghost now
You're just a ghost now
But you're just a ghost, ghost, ghost now
You're just a ghost, ghost, now, now
But you're just a

It's time to let it go, you
Left me all alone, I
Wanna feel your heartbeat but it doesn't beat for me no more, no
It's time to let it go, you
Left me all alone
It's holdin' me down, it's burnin' me out
I'm beggin' for sound but I can't bring you back now

Say what you mean out loud
Drowning in silence when I'm lost in the crowd
'Cause every sweet thing you'd never speak
It's deafening, never knowin' what could be
Wish I could show you how
But you're just a ghost now
You're just a ghost now (it's time to let it go)
But you're just a ghost, ghost now (you left me all alone)
You're just a ghost, ghost now, now (it's time to let it go)
But you're just a ghost now

Her voice was beautiful as it rang through the whole graveyard. If the song wasn't so sad, the guys would've smiled at hearing such a lovely voice. Yet it just made them want to hug the poor girl even more than they already did. It was then Luke decided to comfort the girl. Alex and Reggie watched as their friend made his way over to the crying girl.

"Sure he can comfort a girl he's just met. Yet when I spend the last 25 years crying he does nothing," Alex says in disbelief at what he was seeing causing Reggie to laugh.

"He doesn't have a crush on you though," Reggie says earning a glare from Alex.

"Oh no he's only been one of my best friends for ever," Alex says as they poofed back to the studio.

~~~

It wasn't often that I poor my heart out in a song but it just felt like something that I needed in the moment. My family loved when I sang, mom always said I had the voice of an angel but art was always my passion. I stared at the graves as I felt all my emotions seeping out.

I was so sad that I didn't even flinch when a hand rested gently on my shoulder. Because of my power I knew it was a ghost, I also knew that it was Luke.

He sat down beside me and didn't say anything as he pulled me into him. Arms wrapped around me as I buried my face in his chest. He didn't seem to care that I was soaking his shirt as he ran his fingers through my hair. It was nice that he wanted to comfort me, heavens knew I needed it.......