Chapter 20

After getting home from the gig I went straight to bed because I was very tired but awoke the next morning to Luke lying beside me, watching as I slept.

"That's not creepy at all," I state looking into his pretty eyes as he smiled.

"What would be even creepier is if I was alive and not a ghost, which you see all the time," he jokes and I giggled before sitting up to stretch.

"That's for sure," I say flopping back down not really wanting to get up since I didn't have to attend classes today because I was so far a head of everyone, my teachers gave me the day off.

I pulled the covers back over my chest and snuggled into Luke, my head on his chest. I wasn't that aware of my actions as I was barely awake but he was extremely comfy.

"You know I still haven't forgotten what you said about falling for me," he blurts out and I buried my head further into his chest to hide my blush.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I mumbled trying to avoid the conversation, but Luke wasn't going to stop pressing.

He chuckled "Oh but you do, dear Sammie. I'm flattered really, because I'm falling for you too," as he said that I looked up to see that he was being serious.

"Nobody ever falls for the crazy girl who talks to the dead," I admit letting out a sigh and he sits up slightly reaching over and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You're not weird. I think you're incredible. So what if you're different, we've been over this, it just makes us awesome. Besides, this would've made an amazing supernatural love story movie," he says and I giggled at the last part of his sentence.

"The medium who joined a band with her best friend and three ghosts but ended up falling for one of them. In theaters now," I joked waving my hands around like a tv announcer making him laugh.

"See it would sell millions, we should make this a book. It'll be a bestseller," he suggests leaning closer so that our foreheads were together "Oh also we have a show tonight, here. Ray set it up because he felt bad of blowing our chances with that record lady last night,"

"A gig in our own garage, well it's better than a dark alleyway," I giggled gazing into his eyes.

We both leaned in closer and next thing you know our lips are pressed gently together. My heart skipped a beat as he pulled me into him resting a hand on my cheek. My arms going around his neck. His lips were soft and gentle.

The kiss was sweet and everything I imagined my first kiss being like, it was just us in this delicate passionate moment, until it was ruined.

"ABOUT TIME!!!! MY PLAN WORKED, WOOHOO ALEX STRIKES AGAIN," Alex yelled causing us to jump apart, faces red from the kiss and embarrassment.

"Lord have mercy. Alex if you continue to scare me like that I'm going to have a heart attack," I state trying to get my heart beating again as I held my chest. My breathing heavy from the sudden scare.

"Sorry Sammie," he says before leaving the loft but the smirk never left his face.

With that being over with I changed in the bathroom before going about the day. Which may have consisted of blushing everytime Luke looked at me or Alex telling Reggie about Luke and I.

"Wow about time guys," Reggie exclaims with his goofy smile.

"So when are you going to admit you like Julie?" I asked causing him the blush.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he scoots around the question picking up his base, we were about to practice some for the show tonight. Julie can join us when she's done school.

"I'll get it out of you one day," I challenged not wanting to give up that easily.

"What about you and Luke huh. You guys ooze chemistry," he says making Alex roll his eyes.

"Never says ooze again," Our drummer scolds turning to look at Luke and I "But I agree it makes the shows more interesting," which made us blush.

"I have chemistry with everyone I sing with," Luke states but they didn't believe. He proved his point by showing them.

I believe, I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
and that we're standing on the edge of great

As he sang he got close to Reggie placing his hand on his cheek, gazing into the bassists eyes.

"I see chemistry," Alex and I say together.

"That was pretty hot," Reggie admits and Luke kissed his fingers then placed them on Reggie's lips, the boy looked stunned before shaking his head "Girls am I right?"

"Yeah," Luke says shaking his head.

"No," Alex and I state before getting back to practicing. It went on for a few hours before we decided to rest awhile until Julie came back.

In that time Alex began getting bummed out, mostly thinking about Wille. It made me sad to see him like that, he deserved the world. Yet Wille had to hurt his feelings by saying they shouldn't have met. It was then I had an idea, I picked up an accoustic and began singing.

I can't pretend
To know how you feel
But know that I'm here
Know that I'm real

Say what you want
Or don't talk at all
I'm not gonna let you fall

Reach for my hand
'Cause it's held out for you
My shoulders are small
But you can cry on them too
Everything changes
But one thing is true
Understand
We'll always be more than a band
Yeah

You used to brave the world
All on your own
Now we won't let you go, go it alone

Be who you wanna be
Always stand tall
Not gonna let you fall

Reach for my hand
'Cause it's held out for you
My shoulders are strong
But you can cry on them too
Everything changes
But one thing is true
Understand
We'll always be more than a band

I never knew you could take me so far
I've always wanted to hope that you are the ones I need

Reach for my hand
'Cause it's held out for you
My shoulders are strong
But you can cry on them too (cry on them too)
Everything changes
But one thing is true
Understand
We'll always be more than a band

Reach for my hand
'Cause it's held out for you
My shoulders are strong
But you can cry on them too
Everything changes
But one thing is true
Understand
We'll always be more than a band

I sang to all of them. Letting them know that they all mean alot to me and that despite being a band, we were also now family. Since family don't end in blood......

I had fun writing this. Also I'm really excited for Christmas as it's my favorite holiday. I hope you're enjoying the story so far and thanks so much for reading.

Bailey