Chapter 25

After a few seconds of hugging, Luke and I pulled away. Faces red but the vibrant smiles never faultered in the slightest. I began walking outside only to see Alex poof in front of me.

He picked up the basket ball before chucking it into the hoop, then retrieved it only to pass it off to me. A mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

I caught the pass, giving him a smirk "You're on Mercer," then faked left before getting passed him and dunking the ball.

"How did you know my last name?" He asks as Luke watched from the steps, a grin on his face.

"The article Julie found about you. Lots of things can be found on the internet," I explained causing him to smack his head with the palm of his hand.

"Right," he says then picked up the ball, did an impressive manoeuvre around me, pushing the ball into the net.

Now with our basketball skills in the open, we began playing horse. Luke opted to join us, seeing as playing with more people was better. More competition that way.

Of course Luke also seemed great with a basketball, which lead to an interesting game for us all. We were all on s and just needed one more to win the game.

Not missing any of the previous baskets, Alex was up first as the carefully lined up his shot. With poise and precision he threw the ball. It was almost like in the movies were things suddenly become slow motion from dramatic effect.

The ball soared towards the hoop, bouncing off the rim twice before rolling around it and fell to the ground. Just missing the hoop.

"That was rude," Alex states glaring at the ball making a pouty face.

With that it was Luke's turn, he readied his throw before launching the ball towards the net. It rebounded off the backboard before falling away from the net leaving it up to me to win the game or it'd be a three way tie.

"This game is rigged," Luke whined crossing his arms like a little kid. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen, since his angry face was just cute.

"Awe it's alright Lukey. It's just a game," I cooed rubbing his arm, he let out a puff of air.

Now it was my turn, picking up the ball I planned out my shot. With my eyes on the hoop, I quickly threw the ball directly into the basket, ending the game in victory.

"I can't believe I got that," I admit with a smile only to be picked up around the waist by Luke. He spun us in circles, laughter billowing out from the depths of our bodies.

Alex soon joined in after Luke set me down, by letting me get on his back. He then ran around the driveway with Luke chasing after us. Our laughs only magnifying.

After a few minutes we finally settled down, glad to have some memories to cherish before they crossed over.

We caught our breaths, clutching our stomachs. Mine felt tight after the good laugh which was nice.

"We should probably go see what Julie's doing. Inform her about everything if Reggie didn't," I say and we made our way inside.

The house was quiet but I figured Julie would be in her room, since I dropped her off here hours ago. Walking upstairs and to her door it was closed. So I knocked, not receiving an answer. We all shared a look before I opened the door letting out a sigh.

A smile stretched across my face as I took in the scene before us. Julie was fast asleep with her laptop opened in her lap, Reggie was curled up beside her. They were precious to say the least.

"Eh look at them," Alex cooed giddily with a massive smile, eyes brightening with happiness.

"They grow up so fast," Luke adds in mock sadness, wiping a fake tear from his eye. Or a real one, who knows. They were both peaking over my shoulders which was strange since both were taller than me.

"I'm gonna miss this," I say sadly looking back at them and they pulled me into a hug, Alex rubbed my arm resting his head on mine. Luke's arm slid around my waist as he kissed my temple.

"We'll watch over you Sammie," Alex reassured, leaning up I kissed his cheek before pecking Luke on the lips.

"That's all I ask," I say sharing a smile with them "Also if you see my mom or Landon, could you tell them that I love them and that despite everything that's happened. I'll be alright,"

They nodded, and with that we let Julie and Reggie sleep. Making our way back to the studio to figure out a way to get a gig at the Orpheum. This plan could work, and I hoped that it did. Wish us luck.....

Happy new years everyone! Welcome to the first chapter for 2021. I hope you like it, and what's to come for the book since it's not ending after they play the Orpheum. Thanks for reading! I love you all.

Bailey