He glanced at me before stepping back and closing the door on my face. I gasped and gaped at the closed door. I couldn't believe this man – he shut the door in my face. I didn't even do anything wrong – I just asked for a bandage! He dared to shut the door on the wounded girl. What kind of a human is he?! I was fuming when the door reopened and the stranger stepped out with a first aid box in his hand – Oh.

When he came out I noticed that he changed his clothes. He was now wearing a fitted grey t-shirt through which I could see the outline of his abs with black sweatpants and I also noticed that he was barefoot. He cleared his throat – causing me to look back at his face. He raised his eyebrow. What? What's wrong with checking out a blessed face and body?

"Let me dress the wound." He offered.

I shook my head, "Uh – no, I think I can do it myself." I declined his offer.

He stared at me for few seconds before slightly rolling his eyes, "Fine." He mumbled and handed me the box. Before I could thank him for the first aid box – he went back into the room and closed the door on my face – again. I huffed and shook my head – I have never met a rude person such as himself.

I went back to the room I was staying in and changed the bandage after cleaning the wound. I also took a painkiller that was in the box to eliminate the throbbing from my chin and the ache from my knee. I threw the used bandage in the dustbin and walked into the bathroom to wash my hand.

I gasped when I entered the bathroom – I was bigger than my room. The bathroom was so beautifully decorated that I could spend my whole life in it. "Wow," I whispered to myself as I looked towards my left to see a wall of the window. I could see the blurry image of the city due to the rain – it must look magnificent on normal days. I wonder if the people from outside can see me – now that would be awkward. The sleek stone flour under my feet only increased the beauty of the bathroom. There was a large bathtub in the center of the bathroom. I look up at the roof to see a digital shower over the bathtub. There was a bronze statue at the right corner of the bathroom. "That's insane," I whispered and walked further into the bathroom. "These rich people have so much money to waste on. I swear if I had even half of it – I would have completed my education." I talked to myself as I washed my hands.

I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror to see a dark bruise under my chin and few searches here and there. I washed my face and walked out of the bathroom. I looked around the room as I was getting bored – I slept for so long that now I wasn't even sleepy.

The painkiller was working – I was feeling much better now. I walked out of the room and climb down the stairs. I sat on the same stiff couch and dialed my brother's number. After I told him that I was still okay – I cut off the call and entered the kitchen. The ingredients that I bought for dinner were resting on the counter along with my wet purse. I picked my purse and open it to see all my things were wet. "Oh no," I mumbled as I took my drenched phone out of my purse – its screen was slightly cracked from the side. I tried to operate it but, it was of no use – it wasn't working. Great, now I have to buy a new phone – another expense.

I took everything out of my bag and put them on the glassed coffee table in the lounge to dry. I walked back to the kitchen and looked for the food the stranger was talking about before. I found lasagna in the microwave oven. I heated it and sat at the dining table to enjoy it. The smell was delicious – I couldn't wait to eat so, I cut a piece of it and put it in my mouth. I frowned and strenuously swallow it, "Oh God, it is horrible." I mumbled to myself. Adeline is a wonderful lady but, she surely can't cook – I wonder how the stranger eats it. I push the plate aside and get up on my feet – I can't eat it.

My eyes went on the ingredients that were resting on the counter. The ingredients will go bad so, it is better if I use them now. With that thought, I went into the kitchen and did what I look the most – I started to cook. I didn't buy potatoes from the mart so, for that I looked into the fridge to find some potatoes in it. I put them in a cooker to boil while I took the minced meat I bought out of the container.

I was halfway through the cooking when I realized that I didn't ask the stranger if I could use his kitchen. That is so rude of me – I should have thought this before. I wipe my hands off the small towel and made my way to his room. It is better to ask him now than never.

As I reached his room – I once again knock on the door. After a few seconds, he opened the door with a bored expression on his face. I also noticed that he was sweating. "What now?" He asked irksomely.

I knitted my brows, "Uh – I tasted the food that you told me to eat. Well, it was horrible quite frankly." I chuckled nervously. When I didn't any reaction from him – I sobbed down and cleared my throat, "Well, I was thinking if – uh – if I can use your kitchen to cook something for myself? I can cook for you too." I added quickly. "I have ingredients that I bought for dinner – you must know – I will use them – If I could use your k –" Before I could complete – the stranger interrupted me.

"Fine." He said and again closed the door on my face. I groaned internally – that was the second time!

Fine? What fine? Couldn't he answer with words like yes or no? I rolled my eyes and exhaled loudly, "Can you please explain fine?" I asked loudly and then knocked at his door again.

The door once again opened – revealing a very annoyed man, "Yes, you can use my kitchen. Now, do not knock at this door, do you understand?" he gritted out.

I frowned and stepped back, "Uh – yes." I said.

Without any reply, he once again closed the door. I don't like this man – I can't wait to get away from him. He is the worse host ever.

After I walked back to the kitchen – I resumed cooking Hachis Parmentier. After more than an hour I was finally done with it. I smiled as the dish came out pretty well. I mentally patted my back and took a piece out on a plate. I moaned in delight as I took a morsel of it – I couldn't believe that it came out so good. After I finished all the food from the plate – I glanced up at the stranger's room. Maybe I should offer him some as well – he saved me today and this could be little thanks from me to him. With that thought, I put a piece of Hachis Parmentier on the plate and walked upstairs.

I was about to knock at the door when I remember him ordering me not to knock at the door. "Excuse me, Mister?" I called out and waited for his response. When I didn't get any reply – I sighed, "Hello, sir?" I called out again.

After a few seconds, the door once again opened with a force – revealing a very angry looking stranger. His hair was wet – indicating he freshly took a shower, also he changed into a white fitted shirt with black track pants. "What did I tell you before?" I gritted out. "Don't you understand English?" he said.

"You told me not to knock at the door and I didn't," I said as a matter-of-fact. He frowned but, didn't reply.

He sulked, "What is it?" he questioned exasperatingly. I stretched the plate out towards him. He glanced at it and raised his eyebrow, "What?" he asked.

"I cooked Hachis Parmentier and brought some for you. Consider it a little thank you for saving me earlier today." I told him while a small smile on my face.

He looked at me before glancing at the plate. His face held the same annoyed expression as before, "I am not hungry." He replied causing me to frown.

My smile fell, "Oh – uh, well – I will put it in the fridge – uh, maybe you can eat it tomorrow?" I asked – I won't lie, I was a little hurt. I put so much effort to make it – a little he could do was to appreciate me.

He sighed and nodded his head. I was expecting him to close the door on my face – again but, he didn't. I felt weird standing there so I took a step back. He was about to close the door when I stopped him. He sighed tiredly, "What?" he asked.

"I never got your name," I said to him. "What should I call you?" I added.

He stared at me for few seconds, "You can call me Mr. Vigorito." He said before closing the door.