Chapter 32: The 'Little people big world'

I walk around the psych ward endlessly looking for something to do. It's the same thing everyday. Games with blocks, connect four, chess? It's all so boring to me. I need something more stimulating. I continue to search around but everyone here is slightly mental like i don't fit in here.

"Hey" I hear a girl call towards me while I'm sitting at the lunch table.

Its Hadley, the girl from Achenson, I haven't seen that girl in months. How did she end up here?

I wave at hadley and sign to her "What are you doing here?" I ask in sign.

"Why are you making those weird hand motions at me right now ?" Hadley asks, confused as to why I am not speaking to her.

"Omg are you deaf?" She asks as her confusion rises.

I nod my head yes, i'm not deaf though. I just dont think she knows what it means to be mute. Lol im mute. She notices my sadness. I feel her hand on my shoulder.

"Its okay, I got you. Ive been here for a bit and ill show you around."

I nod accepting her offering. And follow her around for the day.

Hadley shows me a lot of cool things. Like the courtyard that i haven't been to yet or the stage where they put on a lot of fun shows for us mental patients.

We continue to walk through the mental ward when we hear the commotion of two patients in a room approaching. We quickly run over to see what is going on. We look in and see two patients trying to eat each other in their room. Hadley and I walk in to try and stop it.

"Alyssa im gonna fucking eat your arm im so fucking hungry." One of the patients shouts.

Alyssa, Im assuming, yells back "Dont you fucking dare bite me." She says as she throat punches the other girl. After she knocks out her roommate she continues to punch her face in. "How do you like that. Am i tasty enough for you you dumb fucking cunt."

Alyssa begins to bite off the skin of her roommate. "Carly you taste like a little bitch you can die." She says as she eats her former roommates flesh off of her body.

Hadley and I stand in shock as we see her roommates bones. Alyssa looks over at us with flesh in her mouth. Her eyes scream 'you better not snitch' So we dont. We slowly close the door behind us afraid of what might happen if the maids found out what happened to us if someone else saw them there.

Carly, Alyssa's ex roommate, looks dead. Alyssa slowly moves toward us with Carlys skin still in her mouth and begins to sniff us. She takes a long whiff.

"Where you two troublemakers from?" She asks with Carly still in her mouth.

"We are both on the second floor." Hadley answers for the two of us.

"HMMM. Second floorers ended up here. Interesting." They save those floors for the rich people. Your parents both got money. I could use you both for ransom and get myself out of here." Alyssa creeps forward beginning to sniff at my hands.

" You don't scare us." Hadley says.

"Oh yeah then why are you still here." Alyssa slowly climbs on top of me like a sloth on a tree and makes herself at home.

I cant say anything because i am a mute now that I tried to hang myself so I let Alyssa stay there for the time being.

"Get off of him." Hadley tries to shoo the 'little person big world' off of me.

"Oh you don't like me on him? what is this your boyfriend." Alyssa says.

Hadley gets very red in the face. MAkes me think maybe she really does like me. No one has ever confronted a 'little person big world' climbing on top of me before.

Hadley swings at Alyssa knocking her out.

Alyssa clings on to me but seems to be unconscious.

"Let go of him he deserves better." She shouts as she continues to punch the 'little person big world'

I stay silent through the entire encounter because I am a mute now.

I have never had any one fight for me the way Hadley has. I decide Its my turn.

Hadley and I begin fighting this 'little person big world' together and get it off of me finally.

Hadley finally gives it a big ol kick in the face and it stops moving for good.

"I think we finally killed her. Lets get out of here before anyone notices." We begin to leave the room but there are guards waiting outside.

"What's going on in there?" the guards ask us.

We slowly move farther away and begin to run knowing they will arrest us for what has just occured.

Some guards go inside to see Alyssa and Carly dead and they call the others to try and chase us down.

Hadley and I run outside the facility and begin to run into the woods to escape. No one has ever left the facility before but we managed to outrun them.

We run for what seems like hours before stopping and we end up on a highway eventually.

"I think we finally lost them. Let's try and find our way home I guess." Hadley suggests.

I sign to her "wait". She stops and looks at me confused, and I pull her in for a kiss. Smooch. Hadley slowly pulls away. I can see her blushing. She pulls me closer for a more passionate kiss.

We are making out on the side of the road before I sign to her that we have to look for the school or someone's house.