Chapter Three: The Cast List

I walk into my house. It's dimly lit. My mom would usually let me know if she wasnt gonna be here when I was finished with school.

"Mom?" I yell throughout the house... no response. I walk through the kitchen and yell once more... still no response. I turn on some of the lights in the house. I walk up the stairs. The only thing I hear is the creeks from our old house as I move through it. I walk to my moms room. I knock. Nothing. She never locks her door. This is weird. I walk into my room and turn on the light. I place my book bag on my floor next to my dresser and hear the door slam behind me. I turn around to see a man charging at me. He throws me onto the bed and pins me down. I begin to scream and catch a glimpse of his face...it's my dad.

I wake up screaming from the recurring dream that prevents me from getting any sleep. All I see is him every time. I wake up sweating and check my phone. 3am... I get up and walk to my moms room. She isn't there. I head down the stairs. Drunk again on the couch...I head back upstairs to shower the sweat off. After my relaxing shower I check my phone. An email from Mr. Styles??

It reads: "Hello y/n, I have been up all night thinking about your audition. You really killed it. I'm proud of how far you have come. I think it would be a good idea for us to... practice more so you are ready for your role as the lead."

OMG??? I GOT THE LEAD?? I have never been so happy in my life. Mr. Styles must really have liked my performance. I am too excited to sleep now. I text Shannon and James to let them know the good news.

"OMG CONGRATS!! So proud of you and your hard work. I'll be sitting front row." Shannon responds.

I can't believe she's up this late? Usually her and James fuck and she knocks out. I lay back in bed and close my eyes. This is the best day ever.

I put on 'Earned it' by the Weeknd' as I hop out of bed. I wake up early to put makeup on and put on my favorite mini skirt and tube top. I curl my hair and head out the door. James texted me this morning saying he wanted to drive me.

"Get in loser we're going to dunkin." He says.

Sometimes James takes his mom's car for special occasions.

"Where is Shannon? Did you not pick her up yet?"

"She hasn't answered my text since last night. She probably went to bed early."

Do I let him know that she texted me in the middle of the night? I don't want to get in the middle of their problems.

"Yeah she hasn't gotten back to me either."

We head to dunkin and then to school. We park and head inside for first period. Shannon is waiting at my locker to hug me. She got me flowers and balloons. She is really such a good friend. She kisses James hello.

"You didn't answer my text last night" James says

"I was busy... getting this ready for y/n" She stutters.

"Thank you both so much you are both such good friends." I hug them both and head to class. I hear the two of them bickering as I walk away.

I make it through my first four classes. My heart races as it gets closer to Mr. Styles class. All I can think about is his member... it resonates in my mind at all times. I hope I get to see it again. My heart pounds at the thought of it and butterflies enter my stomach as I walk into his class. We make eye contact and he winks at me.

"The cast list is up over the wall." He smirks.

I blush and head to the wall to check. I look for my name... 'y/n will be playing Ariel'

EEEKKK!! It's true I'm so excited. I go and hug Mr.styles. I feel something in his pants as I hug him. I hold for a little longer to feel the whole thing. It. is. BIG...

"You earned it" he winks at me.

I walk back to my seat. Sydkne and Pat walk in and Sydkne immediately directs her eyes to the list. She is visibly upset and whispers into Pat's ear. They both stare at me angrily. You can feel the tension in the room. I get nervous thinking they might hurt me.

"Okay we are going to start class now. Today we are going to discuss more of the greek impacts on music and theatre."

I don't listen to a word he says. All I can think about is Mr. Styles holding me. I wish we could hug again. He makes me feel warm in his embrace. As I fantasize about Mr. Styles the class continues.
The bell rings and I shake my head as I remove myself from my thoughts. I linger longer in class to get a moment alone with Mr. Styles. Unfortunately, Sydkne stays behind too. She is screaming at Mr. Styles.

"That trashy girl dont need to be ariel. She a shy little bitch! She couldn't even sing yesterday and embarrassed herself in front o' e'ryone."

I walk out the room as I hear her calling me all these names. Was she right? Am i not good enough to be Ariel. Maybe I should be a tree in the background...I continue to listen from the hallway.

"I know you are upset, Sydkne, but y/n had a really good audition once everyone left. I Made the decision and my decision is final... You will be her understudy."

Sydkne scoffs and walks out the room with Pat.

"You better not mess this play up or I'm gonna mess you up" She says in passing. Pat knocks my books out of my hands.

Mr. Styles hears the books fall and walks out of the classroom to help me. He sees me tearing up and invites me back inside.

"You did deserve this role...Don't listen to Sydkne she is just angry she didn't get the part she wanted. Remember you earned it"

He always knows how to make me smile. I warm up inside just being in his presence.

"Thank you, I won't let you down."

"I know you won't... Also it could benefit the play and your skills if you got some extra lessons from me." He reaches and grabs my upper arm.

His hands are so big and strong. I feel his heart beating through his hand onto my arm.

"Yeah, You can come over to my house whenever for some more practice...if thats okay with you?" I ask innocently.

"That'll be perfect. I'll come over tonight." He smiles

I exit and head to lunch. I walk in and can't seem to find Shannon or James anywhere. I check my phone. Shannon texted me that she's crying in the bathroom. I head to the bathroom.

"Shannon?"

I hear sobbing coming from the last stall. She always goes there when she cries. I open the door to see Shannon sitting on the toilet with her mascara running.

"What's wrong?"

"I did a bad thing..."