Chapter Two: The Audition

I try to keep what happened between me and my dad a secret. Not everyone can relate to me so I keep to myself about my daddy issues. My mom had kicked him out about 4 years ago when everything happened. She won custody and I stay with her all the time. No one believes me about what happened though. Probably cause I was only twelve and no one was there. But I remember that night so vividly. It's probably part of the reason I get so nervous around men.

Speaking of men...James comes up to me after school.

"Hey y/n, how are you feeling?"

"I've been better... I can't really deal with my breakdown right now. Its time for auditions."

James and I both usually stay after in the fall. I am doing the play and he is doing football. Their field is right outside the auditorium so I wait for him after practice so we can walk home together. After all, we are neighbors.

"I'll see you after practice... Goodluck" he waves goodbye with a smile.

Shannon is so lucky to have such a nice and sexy boyfriend that dominates her in the bedroom.

I walk into auditions and everyone is already singing and warming up their vocal cords. I have never been the lead in the play. I always lose to Sydkne (pronounced: Sydney) Carmichael. She is this beautiful black goddess. Everyone is obsessed with Sydkne AND have mentioned she's dating Pat Sacco. They are the most popular couple in Achenson High School.

Mr. Styles is at the piano helping Sydkne practice for the audition. I get angry when I see them together. Is it jealousy? What could I be feeling? I want to be Ariel in The Little Mermaid this year. I wanna beat Sydkne. I walk over and place my stuff in the back of the theatre. I warm up alone because of how shy I am.

"Hello Everyone. We are gonna start auditions. Once your audition is up you are free to go. I'll start with Sydkne."

Sydkne walks on the stage. She dominates the stage whenever she performs and just cause this is a competition that does not change a thing. She begins to sing and captivates the whole room with her perfect pitch and beautiful voice. There is a reason she always is the lead. This year I won't let her stop me though. I think I am just as good.

Sydkne bows after her song is over.

"That was beautiful" exclaims mr.styles.

Did he really think she was amazing? Did he already make up his mind about the lead?

"Thank you so much Mr. Styles." She walks off. I know I'm up now so I begin walking to the stage. She trips me as I walk up the stairs. Everyone laughs at me. I stand up and can't handle all the emotions. Especially with what happened before with Mr.styles. I ran out of the room to the bathroom. "Y/N WAIT!!!" Mr. Styles screams after me. I dont turn. I keep running. I don't wanna be triggered anymore. I sit in the bathroom stall and cry for what feels like an eternity.

After an hour I hear a knock on the door. "Y/N are you alright, love"

Love? Does he mean that?? Or is he just being friendly. I wipe my tears.

"Yeah, Im fine."

"You didn't finish your audition... How about you come out and we can finish it together. Everyone has already left."

I walk out the stall to see Mr. Styles smiling at me. I get nervous and look down. He is too beautiful to even look at. I hear him walking over to me. I feel his hand touch my chin and lift my head up to meet his gaze.

"Haha sorry about that...I got nervous and then I tripped and I -" He cuts me off.

"You don't have to be nervous around me."

My heart drops into my stomach. I am always nervous around him. His presence makes me uneasy...but in a good way. He grabs my hand and walks me out the bathroom door. I begin to tremble again.

"Are you alright? You have been shaking all day?"

"When you held my arm before I...I got triggered."

"Triggered about what?"

"My dad but i don't really wanna talk about that right now. Can I just audition, please?"

He nods. I walk up onto the stage. I know exactly what I'm gonna sing. 'Earned it' by the Weeknd. We both LOVE that song and the movie it comes from. I begin to sing. "Girl you're worth it. You deserve it." I sing.

I see Mr. Styles adjusting his crotch again. Does the thought of that movie make him...Erect? Or Am I the one making him hard?

I begin to walk down the stage still singing our song. I am making my way closer to him. Singing my heart away... better than Sydkne ever could. I am now in front of him. I have a clear view of his crotch. His member is visible in his pants and can I say quite...girthy.

I have this urge to sit on his lap. I refrain and drop on my knees instead. I whip my hair back and forth instead... The song ends.

"How was that?" I say confidentially as I slowly stand back up making sure he gets a good view of my body. I am usually so calm and shy but when I am around Mr. Styles I can't help myself. He's quiet. "That was...amazing, love"

He stands up holding a notebook over his crotch. "I will see you tomorrow with the cast list." He heads to his stuff and packs it up.

I head over and grab my stuff and begin to pack up as well. James could be waiting for me. Mr. Styles walks up to me as he is leaving, no longer covering himself. He hugs me. "If you ever need to talk about your dad please let me know... I would be happy to listen."

I nod and blush. He notices and holds my head in his hand. I feel warm for a moment. Mr. Styles always have a way of making me feel safe. The more I interact with him the more comfortable I feel. I walk out with Mr. Styles. James is waiting for me like he always does.

"How did it go?? You probably killed it." He says excitedly.

"She did amazing...We will have the results tomorrow." Mr. styles inputs. His voice is so sexy. It makes me feel wet whenever I hear it.

"See you tomorrow, Mr. Styles." I smile.

He winks at me and heads to his car.

James asks me all about the audition. I only tell him I did well. What happened in there is between me and Mr.Styles.

We see a silver BMW drive by. 'Earned it' By the weeknd is playing from the car...