Chapter 14: The Scene

I go down on Mr. Styles...I mean Harry. I begin sucking him off. His moans echo throughout the room. I know he's enjoying my mouth... After all, I know how to please him.

"Fuck, you feel so good." He grabs my hair and forces me deeper on his pulsing cock. I gag on his penis.

"Yeah, you like that you slut."

I would tell him I do. But I can't breathe. It's kind of like..when you go to the dentist and they're asking you questions while cleaning your teeth. Pretty counterproductive.

I get some air. My saliva is still connecting us. I start rubbing his penis and licking his balls.

We hear someone down the hall. I look up at him.

"I'll finish this off later." I smirk and head out the door as he finishes fixing his pants.

Part two of the play is about to begin. I can't fuck up again....or else Harry will punish me.

I head on stage. Francine and Hadley both wish me luck. "You got this. Just got for it. You are gonna kill it."

Those words of encouragement stay with me as I finish the second part of the play strongly. No mistakes here.

We begin to bow for the end of the play. All standing as a cast holding hands me at the center. The lights go on and I see my mom in the back talking to a strange man. Who could that be? She begins to throw her hands in his face. He pushes her. She charges back at him and starts pounding on his chest.

The man punches my mom directly in the face. She falls and hits her head on the wall of the auditorium. The man runs out the back.

I let go of the hands of my cast. No one is watching us anyway. All eyes are focused on my mom. They begin to crowd around her. I push people away and rush in.

Blood.

All I see is blood all over her. On her head. Her clothes. It looks like a crime scene. Someone said they already called the cops. I try to get my mom to move or hear me.

I can't hear anything. I just hear sounds in my head. My eyes begin to fill with tears as the longer my mom doesn't respond. I begin to panic over my mother. I feel a grab on my arms. Francine and Hadley pull me off.

"Try and calm down. She is going to be okay. Just take some deep breaths." Fran says.

I try and catch my breath but I can't. I can't control anything right now. I am given a paper bag to breathe into. Harry comes over and tries to comfort me. Next thing I know, Sydkne is also here trying to make sure I feel better.

The ambulance arrives. My mom was still unconscious when they set up the stretcher to lift her up. They take my mom to the ambulance. I head to try and get on.

"Sorry ma'am. You can only ride in an ambulance if you are over the age of 18."

I begin to scream. I can't control it anymore. I fall to the ground crying.

"YOU HAVE TO LET ME ON. I NEED TO BE THERE FOR HER."

"I am really sorry." He closes the door after telling me where she will be taken.

"I can drive you to the hospital." Sydkne says. "It's right by my house."

She is being too kind. I look back into the auditorium to see the blood one last time. I nod and we begin to walk to her car. I try to control myself. She respects my need for quiet and we sit in silence till we arrive at the hospital. We park and head inside the Huddy hospital and talk to the receptionist.

"Do you know what room my mom is in?"

"Name?" She says without looking up from her computer.

I tell her my name.

"Im looking for Darlene."

"Oh fuck. She in the emergency room gettin' stitches."

"Can I see her? I need to see my mom." I stress.

"No way jose. You can sit yo ass down. I'll let you know when she done."

Sydkne holds my arm. "Maybe we should just sit down and wait for a little."

I nod and head over to the seat to sit with Sydkne.

We sit in silence in the waiting room for 10 minutes before she begins to speak.

"I get what your going through right now..."

How could she understand what I am going through. My dad punched my mom and now my mom is in the hospital.

"...My dad has an alcohol issue. He gets really drunk everyday and beats up my mom." She continued. "He wasn't happy with me when I lost my role in the play so he beat me up. I ended up in the hospital with bruises all over my body."

"I-Im so sorry. I had no idea."

"It's not your fault just how things are."

"Why don't you call the cops on him. Send his ass to jail."

"My dad is the only one that works in my family. My mom has ALS and can't work with it. We would have no were to go. We are stuck."

I feel so bad for her. I had no clue Sydkne had such a tough life.

"I'm here if you ever need anything. I feel so bad."

"It's okay, I'm used to it." She adds.

I lean over and hug Sydkne. She holds me.

"Girls, yo momma is ready to have guests. She also has a concussion and a broken rib. Head down the hall and make a left. She in 134."

We both stand and head down the hall. We see the police head into my mom's room. Sydkne and I hurry behind them.

"Ma'am, we have a couple of questions for you."

A couple hours go by and my mom is discharged from the hospital. Sydkne stayed with us the entire time. She helped get me and My mom home. Once we arrived at home, She helped get my mom into bed. I thanked her so much for all her help and so did My mom before she passed out from her stressful day.

"No problem. If you ever wanna talk about anything you can always count on me." She gives me a hug before heading out the door.

"Hey, one more thing." I stop her. "I don't think I am going to do the play tomorrow. This has been too much and I wanna be here and help my mom fully recover. Do you wanna be Ariel?"