Chapter Eleven: The Carnival

I wake up with a pounding headache. I must have hit my head on the floor. I open my eyes and look around...I'm in the nurse's office.

"Hey, sweetie. How are you feeling?" The nurse says. Heather, the nurse, is always so nice. She has very curly hair and beautiful brown eyes.

"I've been better. What happened to me?" I questioned.

"You passed out...Just rest a little longer and then head home for the day. Wouldn't want to have you pass out again."

That's probably a good idea. I still have a headache and Heather goes to take care of another student. I lay back down and hear two voices at the door.

It's Francine and Hadley. Hadley is in the play, she plays Ursula, and is Francine's best friend. "We brought you some food from the cafeteria. We heard you passed out earlier and wanted to make you feel better." They smile in unison and hand me the food.

"Thanks guys so much."

"Also, You have been in here awhile and missed Mr. Styles class but he wants to bring us all to the carnival, as a cast."

Harry does this every year. He always brings us to the local carnival when it's in town before the show. It is a good time to bond with other members in the play you normally wouldn't.

"Oh, that sounds like fun. When is it?"

"It's tonight, he just found out about it. We are still going though... We should all hang out when we get there." Hadley says excited.

"That would be nice." I smile back and they leave. I get up and decide to head home to rest some more.

"Bye, Sweetie. Feel better." Heather says as I leave.

I make it home with a pounding headache and lay in bed. I got a text from Harry.

"Hey, How are you feeling? I hope I didn't upset you with my gift.I also didn't get to see you in class. I sent Fran and Hadley to tell you about the carnival. Hope I can see you tonight. P.S. Make sure you take care of your head cause you don't have an understudy at the moment."

Oh my god. I guess that means Sydkne got kicked out of the play for that fight. Now I can still be Ariel.

I lay down and rest until it's time to get ready.

My headache begins to calm down. I get up after a relaxing nap and start to pick out an outfit. I wanna look cute for Harry. I decided to wear a cute floral crop top with a high waisted jean skirt. I begin to curl my hair and do my make up. Harry texted me saying that he would pick me up when it was time to go.

I see his car pull up. I head out in my cute outfit and hop in the silver BMW. He greets me with a kiss on the cheek.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Much better now that I'm with you."

He slowly grabs my hand and holds it in his own as he drives away from my house.

We listen to our favorite song and duet the entire way.

"You really do have the voice of an angel." Harry smiles.

I blush. "That means a lot coming from you."

We make it to the carnival and park in the back so no one notices he drove me. We wait at the entrance for the others from the cast to arrive.

"Y/N, Come with us we are going to play bumper cars." Francine says pulling me away from Harry.

The rest of the cast follows and we all get on line for the ride. We all get into our cars and the ride begins. Everyone is bumping into each other. I feel a jolt from behind. I turn to see Harry hitting me from the back. My bumper car has nowhere to turn and I am stuck between the wall and Harry.

If only we were alone in a bedroom. Then he could really be hitting me from behind.

We exit the ride and the class splits off in two. Hadley, Fran and I head to the ring toss. I see Harry lingering behind playing darts with some of the guys.

"Ugh, I am so bad and I really want that bear." I say.

"Here let me try and win it for you." Hadley says. Hadley tries and doesn't get a single ring. She sucks... This is hopeless.

"My turn." Francine says grabbing the rings. She's even worse...

"Is it okay if I give it a try?" I could recognize that deep sexy voice anywhere.

Harry lines up. He takes his time throwing each ring, one after another landing on the peg.

"We got a winner over here!!" The vendor shouts and rings the bell" Everyone cheers and Harry picks out the bear I wanted. He hands it to me with a wink.

"Oooo! The ferris wheel!!! Let's all go on. I call riding with Francine." Hadley shouts.

"Yeah well I call riding with Hadley!" Francine shouts back. The two head to the ferris wheel and the rest of the group follows. Harry holds me back a little longer so we can get on the end of the line.

He waits for the students to get on the ride then squeezes my butt playfully. We get on and get our own car. The ride starts moving and we begin to go up into the air. We have a view of the whole city. It really is beautiful at night. The ride begins to slow after our first loop around. We are toward the top now.

"The view is almost as beautiful as you."

I look at him but he is already staring at me. His eyes move down to my lips and back to my eyes. He leans in slowly and places a gentle kiss on my lips.