Chapter Four: The Appointment

I could tell that Shannon was upset about whatever it was that she did that was so bad. She rarely cries. The last time I saw her cry was when her grandpa passed away last year. They were so close. She wears his favorite hat to school sometimes... It is her last memory of him after all.

"What's wrong? What did you do that could be so bad." I questioned her as she continued to sit in the stall.

"James Is so mad at me. He wouldn't even look at me after I told him. I lied to him and I never lie to him.

She was right, she never lies. This must be really serious if it was that upsetting to James. He doesn't get upset about much.

"You can tell me I won't think of you any different...You're my best friend after all." I reassure her as I move in to hug her.

"I made an appointment."

"What kind of appointment?"

"An appointment with Planned parenthood...I'm pregnant"

Pregnant? OH my god. This is crazy.

"It's gonna be okay I promise we will get through this together. How long have you known?"

"I found out this morning...I was up late last night throwing up and I woke up with cramps so I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. I didn't know how to tell James so I asked my sister to make an appointment for me. I just hope my mom doesn't flip out like James did. He was so upset I didn't tell him and was freaking out about being a dad.''

James def could have handled this situation better. Shannon needs him right now. I should talk to him.

"I guess theres nothing to do right now except wait for your appointment...are you going to get an abortion?" I asked.

Shannon paused. You could tell she is struggling with this decision.

"I am not sure what I am going to do."

The bell rings. I hug her once more and reassure her that things are going to be okay. Now I have to go find James and talk to him.

I head to his locker and wait there for a few minutes. He finally comes with some of the other football players, Ben and Tyler. Two twin brothers who were gifted with looks and athletic ability. Those were James' other besties.

"Don't really wanna talk right now, y/n" he opens his locker avoiding eye contact.

"James, this is serious your girlfriend needs you."

"I know she does...I can't be a dad I have a life ahead of me...Did she tell you she wanted to keep the baby."

She hasn't mentioned it. I guess she was planning on keeping it after all. This changes everything.

"You should still be there for her." I say.

"I know i just have a lot going on right now. This was the last thing I needed and I can't let the boys know they'll never let me live this down."

"Hey James, lets go." Ben and Tyler shout from down the hall.

"I'll see ya later, y/n" He walks to class with the twins.

Could she really be thinking about keeping this baby? She is only 16...

I head to the rest of my classes and then head to the auditorium after school for practice.

I walk in and immediately lock eyes with mr. Styles. His eyes widen as he sees me. His long brown curls shine in the auditorium light. My heart starts to rush at the thought of him being in my house later. I get so nervous and excited all at once. What are we gonna do? What kind of things will he be showing me to make me better? One can only imagine...

I head down to sit in my seat as Mr. Styles begins to talk about the play.

"Alright everyone. Congrats on making the show." He applauds. "We have a lot of work to do. I have packets of the script up front for everyone to grab and follow along. We can run through th-" I stop listening. All I can think about is our last time we were in this room alone. Me on my knees while he sits in his chair. His package, visible through his pants. I want that moment again. I want Mr. Styles. "Y/N" he calls.

I snapped out of it. "Yes?"

"I said come up, You are Ariel after all." He smiles.

I head up the stairs. I am on stage with Francine. She is playing flounder. She has short black hair and bright blue eyes. One of the nicest girls in the school.

"Are you excited to be Ariel?" She asks.

"You have no idea." I smile and nod.

"And Action." Mr. Styles calls.

We proceed to run through the play. I read my lines and sing my songs. Was it good enough for Mr. Styles? Did I do enough to please him? I guess I will find out later tonight when I have him alone.

"Alright guys great job today. Same time again tomorrow." Mr. Styles says dismissing everyone.

I linger to get a moment alone but Mr. Styles leaves talking to Francine. What is this im feeling? Jealousy? Anger? My skin becomes hot as I watch him pat her on the back with a 'great job today.'

I gather my belongings and head out. James is nowhere to be found. I check my phone.

"Headed home early today. Catch you tomorrow."

I walk home alone after such a stressful day of school.

I enter my front door. "Mom?" I hear sobbing coming from her bedroom. I head up our old set of stairs. "Mom?" I ask again as I open the door. She is sitting facing the wall crying with a beer in her hand. She turns around when she hears me walk in.

"Oh! y/n, Your home early today. I wasn't expecting you this early." She wipes her tears.

"Mom, are you okay? What's bothering you?"

"It's your dad... He wrote to us again. I cant handle hearing from him. It hurts all so bad to hear from the man who ruined our family."

My dad isn't allowed to come around anymore after what happened with me. My mother filed a restraining order against him to protect me from that ever happening again. My dad called my mom vicious names in that courtroom... I had to sit and hear them all.

"What did he say?" I question

"He wants to see you... He said he heard you are in the play and wants to congratulate you. What a sick monster. If he steps a foot in this house I...I-" She pauses and begins to cry again.

I simply wrap myself around her and assure her everything will be okay. Sometimes I feel like I am the mother in this relationship. We sit wrapped around each other's arms for long enough to have my mom calm down.

"My teacher is coming over to help me get practice for the play. Mr.Styles? I told you about him right?"

"Yeah, that's fine dear. I'm gonna freshen up before we have company." she stands and exits into the bathroom.

I head into my room to clean. I put all my stuffed animals away and redo my makeup so It's perfect for him. I want to be perfect for him. Time feels like it moves in slow motion as I wait for Mr. Styles to come over. I dance around my room to the fifty shades of grey soundtrack.

I hear the doorbell ring.

"Honey, Mr. Styles is here." My mom shouts up the steps.

I put on 'Earned it' by the Weeknd and head down the stairs.