Chapter 15~

A few weeks had passed and before you knew it, it was time to go on a 'Sohma family all exclusive holiday' or so Shigure called it. Yes, summer break had arrived and we were packing in order to crash the party.

"Can't wait to see how this one goes' you thought to yourself with a malicious grin plastered on your face.

>>>time skip bc I'm lazy >>>

We arrived at the beach house we were staying at. Akito was already in a foul mood due to the hot weather, yet he seemed excited to see the family again... or more accurately, to see if he still had an influence over them. Hatori made the announcement of Akito's presence and ordered for all family members (besides Kyo and miss twinkle toes Tohru) to make their way immediately. Upon their arrival, you could plainly make-out they were not happy about leaving the others.

'Why is that girl so special, I've known her for some time now yet I don't seem to be put under this 'charm' of hers! If anything, I just find her lack of intelligence and simple-mind extremely irritating. So what do the others see in her?' Your thoughts started to grow rapidly but Hatori soothed you back to normality with just a single tap on the shoulder and a sweet smile. He could sense your discomfort and probably thought You were gonna have another 'episode', so typical of him.

A few hours passed and you got bored so you noted to Hatori that I would go for a stroll along the coast. He was hesitant in letting you go at first but soon gave in after he recognised Akito wasn't interested in seeing you today. Shigure in the other hand tried to stop you at all costs. After all, it was against Sohma rules to leave when in a family gathering. That didn't matter though as Akito wasn't bothered about you.

Whilst you walked along side the coast, you noticed Kyo. You went up to greet him and to your surprise, Honda was there too. "Greetings Kyo! Oh, Tohru you're here two? I wasn't aware of your coming but any less it's lovely to see you." You gave her a comfortable smile. Of course, you WERE aware of her being at this family matter, but you didn't know you would have to run into her whilst the event took place. What a pain.

"Oh, hello y/n-chan. It's been a while." She seemed earnest in her response. Good to know she had no suspicions of me, couldn't say the same for Kyo though. "You two are in the same class aren't you? It hasn't been that long." He teased Tohru. "Yeah well we don't talk as much as we probably should." Trying your best to seem honest, "after all, you are apart of the family now." You internally gagged at your words. "Well, I wouldn't go that far but I've gotten quite fond of all the members, including you y/n- chan." Her dainty persona knocked you sick.

"Ugh, y/n?" Kyo jumped in, "how come you're here, I thought no one was allowed to leave the family gatherings." He was right of course. "Aha I snuck out obviously. Besides, Akito doesn't need me there when he's distracted by the other zodiacs, so I thought I'd catch a break. Which reminds me, I should head back before Hatori gets suspicious of my whereabouts." Perfect excuse to get away.

You continue to still down the upper boarder of the beach, keeping an eye on the two outcasts in order to determine they don't spot you. After awhile, you head back.

No one noticed your return, very much less the fact you had even left. That was good. You informed Hatori you we're back and headed to your assigned room after saying goodbye to everyone. Akito welcomed himself into your room not long before you had arrived there, he didn't seem happy at all. He delivered a blow straight across your face sending you to the floor, " How dare you leave the Sohma family gathering. You are aware that goes beyond the rules!" He barked, looking up at him with little expression on your face, you inform him, " I didn't think I'd be of much need today. So I decided to take a breath of fresh air." You were expecting a beating that for some reason did not come to pass.

"Well, for the rest of time here you shall remain in this building. If I allow you to do as you will, the others will start to question it." You nod at his demand. "Here," he offers you a hand up, you wasn't expecting that but you took his generous offer anyway and helped yourself up. Akito's annoyed expression soon vanished as you found yourself on your feet.

He cupped your cheeks without warning and stared at you, pride in his eyes, "well done y/n. You did good." You were confused at what he was talking about and that was visual in your
face. Therefore, he elaborated, "for telling me about this family holiday, dumbass." His profanity only added to your scarce understanding. He then gave you what seemed to be a genuine smile before leaving. 'What's gotten into him lately?' You thought as you resume to get ready for bed.