Chapter 21: Roommates part 2

It's been a whole week since the argument. An ENTIRE week. All of us were concerned. Even the physical fight only lasted a few days.

As far as we know, Appa and Eomma havent spoken to each other. Even I cant go a day without speaking to my brothers no matter how mad we are. They both seemed so sad.

We've been trying to get them to talk to each other but it ultimately failed.

During breakfast,  we all talked and told jokes except Eomma and Appa. One of them would talk to us, but not each other.

Eomma told a joke and all of us laughed except Appa.

"Appa did you hear Eommas joke?" Asked Mingi, trying to prompt him to speak. He just hummed in agreement and continued to each.

"So you aren't gonna talk to your sons now?" Argued Eomma. 

Here we go again.

Appa rolled his eyes, "leave it, alright?" He got up and went back to his studio.

"How can I leave it when you're being too stubborn to talk to anyone!" Eomma just sighed and finished eating. He told us to finish our food while getting up, gathering the empty plates.

"Eomma, will you and Appa make up?" Asked Yunho as he helped.

"We'll be fine Yunho, if he'll stop being stubborn we'd be better by now."

Wooyoung frowned, "but Eomma it-"

Eomma cut him off, "Wooyoung, we will figure it out okay?"

"But I-"

"Wooyoung." Eomma said sternly.

He frowned and quietly put his plate away. I knew what he was about to say.  It's his birthday.

None of us forgot to tell him when he woke up. I guess with the fight, Eomma and Appa forgot.

Wooyoung quietly went to his room and shut the door. Although we all loved celebrating our birthday,  Wooyoung loved it the most.

He always prepared lots of games and fun even a year before his birthday. He did it because of his separation anxiety.

He told us even when he was 2 and before he was adopted, all the kids ignored him and he felt alone.

His birthday was used as reassurance that we would always stay. So I was sure he was extremely heartbroken.

Once we all finished, we went to Wooyoungs room. I saw the games stacked in the corner of his room. He was on the bed, knees to his chest.

"Hey, Woo you wanna play some games?" Asked San. He picked up Wooyoungs favorite board game.

"Come on let's celebrate your 17th birthday!" Yeosang and Yunho got the board ready.

"Guys, it's okay really." He said quietly. We all shook our heads.

"Its not okay. It's your special day, we've all gotten to celebrate our birthdays, you should too." I reassured.

His smiled slightly, "thanks guys, you're the best."

We started playing the game. It took forever, but we finally got it done. When we were setting up another game, Eomma opened the door.

"Oh, sorry I'll let you guys play." He started to shut the door.

"Wait! Eomma, do you know what today is?" Asked Wooyoung.

"Um its Thu- oh my god! Wooyoung I'm so sorry." He got on the floor with us, pulling Wooyoung into a tight hug.

Wooyoung just hugged back tightly and slightly smiled.