Chapter 20: Roommates

The semester is over! All of my brothers are home which is only pure chaos.

Eomma and Appa had a small fight which made them mad enough to not want to share a room for the time being.

There had been a positive case in the cafe, Eomma wasnt in the cafe when it was confirmed.

Appa insisted that Eomma gets tested, Eomma refused. He argued that he wasnt exposed, therefore he didnt need to get tested.

They argued well into the night, San and Yunho got in late, so they were dead asleep.

Yeosang, Mingi, Wooyung, and I had a movie marathon in Yeosangs room when the arguing started.

We first thought it was part of the movie, but when Mingi came back from the bathroom he was panicked, telling us about the argument.

They were yelling and in each others faces. We didnt want to step in, it was well past midnight and we were pretty sure the neighbors would be up any second.

Long story short, Eomma slept on the couch. We all felt bad, we knew how uncomfortable the couch was.

I'm still grounded, but since it's almost the holidays and I cant go to the cafe for work. Eomma and Appa let me have my phone back for the time being.

I was laying on my bed when Eomma walked into my room.

"Hey Jongho, I'm gonna need to ask you a favor, alright?" He asked.

I slowly nodded my head. Eommas eyes had red rings around them like he'd been crying. He looked down and sighed.

"I'm sure you know, your appa and I had an argument. Do you mind if you share a room with one of your brothers? Just for now?"

I thought about it, I liked having my own room. I also stayed up late than most of my brothers.

"Sure Eomma."

Eomma smiled gratefully and hugged me, "thank you, I promise we'll get it worked out.  Its just... complicated right now."

I nodded and hugged back. Mingi and San were most likely going to hang out in Sans room most nights. Yeosang stayed up late to work at his desk on god knows what.

Yunho was definitely not going to want to share his room. It wasnt that he didnt like sharing a room with any of us. After being free from his awful roommate, he wanted his own room while he could have it.

Wooyoung played video games most nights. He usually played with his friends online, which means he'd be up all night yelling into his headset.

I decided to be with my old roommate,  Mingi. I'd pretty much have my own room until Mingi was ready for bed.

Mingi was pretty happy to have me as a temporary roommate.  It was like old times when we had to share a bed and room.

In our old house, there were 4 rooms. Eomma and Appa had their room, Yunho and Yeosang shared a room. San and Wooyoung shared a room. Mingi and I shared a room.

We happen to get the smallest room, small enough to only fit one bed. We had plenty of arguments about space but it was all we could afford at the time.

When Appa got accepted as a producer at the company, and the cafe picked up on business we were able to get our new house.

Back to the current dilemma,  I only took a handful of stuff with me to Mingis room.

"So Eomma kicked you out of your room...?" Mingi asked with confusion.

" hes just using my room for the time being."