Chapter 9: Babysitting Gone Wrong

Eomma was swamped in paperwork ever since Mr.Min accepted their partnership for franchising the cafe.

I was finally ungrounded. Mingi and San got in trouble for trying to sneak out so it was their turn to be grounded.

It had already been a week, so they had one week to go.

Honestly,  they were pretty bad at sneaking out if you ask me.

••• Flashback  [Author POV]

"Pssst Mingi let's sneak out"  San whispered to his younger brother.

Everyone was asleep except the two...or so they thought.

Mingi was always a rebellious type of kid when he was with his brothers.

He never denied the chance for an adventure especially a mystery adventure.

The two got up quietlyOnly the slight static white noise from the tv was heard.

San had in fact snuck out before without being detected or ever found out.

San considered himself an expert from that point.

He carefully guided Mingi to the window, quietly opening it.

But as mentioned, they thought  they were the only ones awake.

"And just what do you think you're doing Kim san and Kim Mingi?" Growled Hongjoong.

San cursed under his breath, they were caught and couldnt talk their way out.

"I'm waiting" Hongjoong impatiently tapped his foot.

"W-we were sneaking out" Mingi fessed up, knowing they were done for.

"Close that damn window and go to your rooms now. All your electronics are mine until further notice" Hongjoong stated.

The brothers could practically see steam coming out of their fathers ears.

They rushed up to their rooms and quickly went to sleep.

The next morning the boys handed over their gadgets and were sent back to their rooms.

••
[Jonghos POV]

Now a week later, Wooyoung and I were ungrounded.

I havent done much but play games on my laptop.

Eomma has only been going to the cafe a few days, he made Taemin, one of his top employees,  in charge while hes gone.

Usually Yunho would be sent to manage the cafe but he was needed at his future college for early registration.

Right now Appa was at the  company while Eomma had paper work all over the table.

I sat down at the table, silently watching him sort it all out.

"Can I help Eomma?" I asked.

Eomma smiled, " ya know I wish you could but I think it would be better if I did this all myself thank you for the offer. I think we have a building lined up."

I was a little sad I couldnt help but I understood it was important.

"I tell you what, Mr. Min would be going with me to the building inspection, his husband works with Appa and has trainees to work with all day, how about you help by babysitting his kids?" Asked Eomma.