Chapter 22: New Years

[Attached above is my edit :)]

After having a not so exciting Christmas due to not getting to see family like normal. We are finally celebrating New Years!

Appa was making a special dinner while Eomma made desserts. We all offered to help but got shot down.

I cant blame Eomma, when it comes to baking well... we mostly play around. Wooyoung has almost set the house on fire twice.

San put foil in the microwave a few times. Sometimes I wonder how we havent unexpectedly moved yet.

That's besides the point. Mr.Min and his family are coming over tonight as well. I still wish our family could come.

One of our cousin got Covid so our family decided it was best they dont come over. So when Mr.Min told Eomma they were all negative, he invited him.

[A/N we were gonna have our family christmas this year but my cousin got covid on the 23rd]

Eomma and Appa always go to sleep right after midnight, leaving us to celebrate. We usually use our firepit outside and have smores.

Yunho had gotten permission to drink with Appa and Eomma tonight. Leaving us to sit and watch.

It came as a shock, Yunho wasnt one to want to drink. 

"Are you guys ready to party?" Asked San. We were all in his room until our guests arrived.

"Hell yeah! After this year I'm so ready." Yunho said as he shut his laptop.

"Is it really a party if theres little kids here?" Said Mingi.

"You like kids Min." I said. We all loved kids, maybe it would be fun to have them at the firepit tonight.

"They arent gonna drink tonight, right?"

"Didnt you hear Eomma and Appa? Hoseok doesnt drink." Said Yeosang as he sat back.

"Woo you're awfully quiet. " smirked Yunho.

"Hm?" Wooyoung looked up from his phone. "Oh yeah, I'm excited too. I just want this year to end already.

It was only 7pm, there were several hours left. Why does time go slower on New years eve? I'll never understand it.

"Boys! The Mins will be here any minute!" We heard Appa yell. We all looked at each other and darted for the door.

Even if all of us were older now, we still raced to the livingroom.

Well, 6 people trying to fit through one door and yelling at each other is a comedy show. Appa and Eomma always laugh at us.

Wooyoung and San always land face first into the floor, Yunho always accidentally pushes someone down. Yeosang usually wins, Mingi and I are always running to at least not get last.

"Slow down you're gonna break something." Chuckled Eomma. Of course, Yeosang won. As if on cue, when we all made it the doorbell rang.

Yes, that was another competition. Mingi got up first and hit the door, "I win!"

He opened the door, the Mins looked at us and started laughing. All of us,minus Mingi, were pulled ontop of each other.

"You guys celebrating already?" Asked Yoongi as he walked in. The couple had told us we can just call them by their first names.

Right when we were about to get up, 4 of their kids ran and jumped on us. I felt the wind get knocked out of me as Jimin landed on me.

"Hi!" He giggled and hugged me. When I caught my breath and sat up, "hey Minnie, ready to have fun?"