Chapter 13 : New School Year

Its the day before me, Mingi and Wooyoung go back to school.

Yeosang doesn't start until next week and honestly, im nervous.

We have to wear masks in our classes but im still afraid.

We had the option of doing online classes, but Eomma and Appa thought it would be better for us to be in the classroom.

It wasn't that they thought it would be safer, its to help us be on task.

When we did online schooling we got distracted easily since we were not in class, which caused our grades to slip.

I never failed a class or got close but I still procrastinated to where I was staying up very late hours.

Its been a rough few days for Eomma and Appa,  they are still sad about Yunho and San moving out.

We all are, but Eomma is also very stressed since they had to push back the date for the other cafes opening.

Right now, we were heading to the store to get supplies for our classes.

It wasn't much, just a few notebooks,pencils, and paper as far as we knew.

I was still a bit down, maybe this year will go smoother than I expect it to be.

Yunho already had a week of college done, his semester will end before Thanksgiving and he'll be out until January.

Which means he'll be staying home that whole time.

Sans school is the same way, except they start classes Wednesday of this week.

"We've got everything so far, im going to get some groceries so your Eomma doesn't kill me.

We all nodded and went our seperate ways.

"Jongho!" Mingi ran up next to me. "Lets go find a movie to buy so we can watch it tonight"

"I don't know, alot of times we cant agree on a movie, plus we may have to go to bed early " I replied.

Usually when we have to pick a movie, we all argue and end up wasting an hour of finding one.

"Since when have we gone to bed early?" Mingi laughed.

Hes got a point, we never go to bed early.

We both walked to the movies section and looked at our choices.

"Lets watch #alive on Netflix" I suggested after not finding one I would like.

"A zombie movie at night? Are you crazy?"

"So you're scared?" I teased.

"Oh hell no im not scared" Mingi challenged.

"Youre both scared" we jumped at the sudden appearance of Wooyoung.

We argued more about not being scared until Appa texted us to leave.

Later that evening, we were laying around waiting for dinner.

I was messaging my friends to see if we had any matching schedules, and of course we don't.

I was lucky enough one of my friends and I share the same lunch period.

My brothers were both in the same lunch as well.

It seems now that the universe just doesn't want me to be around my friends.

Most of them I haven't seen since quarantine started.

I missed them so much.

Im not only afraid of COVID in school...im scared of the bullies.