Chapter 25: Road Trip

We are seeing grandma Park today! We all got tested again, and when we were confirmed negitive we decided to see grandma. 

The ride over wasnt too long, only around 10 minutes away. When we finally made it, we were welcomed in.

"Oh my look at you! My grandbabies have grown so much, and so tall!" She hugged us all. Especially Eomma, he hugged her tightly, "we missed you Eomma, how have you been?"

"Well sitting in my house day, and night I've been bored." She chuckled. We sat down on the couch, Mingi was in a match on his phone when Appa took it. He glared at Appa, "I was in a match!"

"We are here to see grandma, you can play this later." Appa put the phone in his pocket. Grandma asked us all about school, and how we've been.

"That cant be true, my little Jongho got himself in trouble with the police?  I blushed in embarrassment when it was brought up. I confirmed it to be true and she pinched my cheeks.

"Impossible, the baby got in trouble with the law." I rubbed my cheeks, she pinches hard.

"Well mom, is there anything we can do for you?" Asked Eomma as he held Appas hand. Grandma thought for a minute, "no dear, just spending time with you all is enough for me."

"Why dont we go to the cafe? Hwa has a lovely new cake recipe." Said Appa. Grandma nodded, "that would be lovely dear, Yunho honey would you like to drive with me?"

Yunho agreed and went to her car. We all got in the car and went to the cafe with them close behind. When we arrived there were customers.

"Hi hyung! How are you today? I see you brought everyone today." Greeted Taemin. Eomma smiled," we are fine, I'm just showing my mom the newly renovated cafe and new desserts.

Mind telling the bakers I will use the kitchen for a bit? Plenty of pastries are ready anyway."

Taemin nodded and went to the back for a moment, Bakehyun watching the counter for him. "Anything you guys want?"

We all declined and followed Eomma to the kitchen. "Let me show you boys what your Eomma made for your appa when they had their first date!" Grandma said.

"Mom I dont-"

"Nonsense! You two were too adorable and awkward. My baby hwa holding his little flowers and cookies he made just for his date!" Grandma said loudly.

Loud enough we were sure the customers heard. Eomma was red, and hid his face, "moooom, please." We all held back laughs.

"Anyone who laughs is grounded." Eomma joked. We were all close to bursting out laughing.

"Oh and when your father would-"

"Mom please dont-"

"Hold the meringues over your head." She chuckled." Youd always scream your head off and run away. Gosh I miss your father."

Eomma was blushing so hard he was red as a tomato. Grandma just laughed as Eomma went outside. Appa followed him outside as grandma showed us how to make her cookies.

"Its so nice to have my grandbabies all around me again. Yeosang dear, hand me that whisk please. Mingi you've gotten so tall! Look at you soon you'll be towering everyone." Grandma rambled as she stirred the dry ingredients.  We surrounded and watched her.

"Grandma, what was grandpa like?" Asked San. Grandpa Park passed away when Eomma was little. None of us but appa met him.

"Oh your grandfather was so kind. He would be so proud of you all even if he never met you all. Be always wanted grandkids even when your Eomma was a kid.

Your uncle was closer with him, but I know little Hwa shared a special bond of baking with him. I'm sure hes tried to share that with you all as well." Explained grandma. Grandpa was really special.

We always heard stories, but Eomma never showed us pictures. Grandma showed us her bracelet. 

"This was your grandfather during his service." We looked at the picture on the charm. Grandpa was a military father.

"Woah, eomma looks just like him." Said Wooyoung. Grandma nodded.

"I always called him his little twin. He wouldve loved you all as much as I do."

We continued to help bake and ate the delicious cookies. Appa smiled and hugged Eomma. "You boys wanna hear that first date story?"

Eomma covered his face, and put his head down, "joong-"

"Your Eomma asked me on a date, we were going to a movie. He baked me cookies, and gave me flowers. " appa held eommas hand and smiled.

"We watched the movie but Eomma dropped his soda on me when he was trying to go to the bathroom. We left early, and grabbed some ice cream at the old cafe before Eommas. " appa explained.

Our parents were real lovebirds even on their first date. After a while, Yunho drove grandma back home and we said goodbye.

This was one of the best road trips to see grandma park weve had in a while.