Chapter 10: Symptoms

(Thank you songsongm for the idea :))

Ever since Eomma has been going to the new site weve been back and forth to the cafe.

Taemin may be in charge when Eomma isnt there but I miss going everyday.

Yunho has been back and forth to his college, he will be moving into the dorms soon.

Even if we've had lots of fights during quarantine, I know I'll miss him.

Ever since I was adopted hes been my best friend, hes taken care of me, and protected me.

All my brothers have, but it will feel different without Yunho.

I want to cry when I walk past his room and see boxes stacked everywhere, and his room look so empty.

There was a knock on my bedroom door, "come in".

"Hey little bro you wanna go to the cafe today? Eomma said Taemin needs some help and is sending me up there" asked Yeosang.

"Sure!"

Now that my leg has healed to there I dont need crutches I'm able to move more.

I got up and started getting ready once Yeosang left my room.

I made sure I grabbed my mask and waiting for us to leave.

When we were both ready, we got into Yeosangs car and began our journey.

"Yeosang? Are you gonna move out when your college starts too?" I asked sadly.

"I'm going to the local college so no, are you asking because Yunho is leaving soon?" Yeosang asked as he drove.

"Yeah...I dont want him to move out. Soon itll be just me in the house" I said when watching out the window.

"Hey, just because we'll move out doesnt me we are gone forever. We will always come home and visit" he assured me.

I smiled at that and stayed quiet the rest of the ride.

When we arrived, we walked in to see the cafe at its max capacity.

"Yeosang! Jongho! I'm so glad you're here can you help me serve these?" Taemin asked as he handed us the trays and table number.

We nodded and served all the drinks and pastries.

"What happened to all the workers?" Asked Yeosang, there were only a few workers present.

"Sehun called in and said he had a fever, the others were off today" explained Taemin.

There were enough workers in today to handle everything, and now that we are here we can make it go faster.

Yeosang took orders while I served tables.

"Sir I asked for a hot coffee!" Yelled one of the customers.

"I'm so sorry sir, let me get you a hot coffee " I said quickly while I felt like I was running a marathon, my leg was killing me.

I got the hot coffee and brought it to the customer, "here you are sir I'm so sorry for the mix up".

"Should've got it right the first time" I heard him mumble.

I felt so upset but I was called over for more orders to serve.

I was so glad when everything started slowing down.

"Jongho I'll clean the tables and you take orders okay?" Offered Yeosang, noticing how much pain I was in.

I nodded and went to the counter to take orders.