Chapter 19: Bad Friends? Prt. 2

I barley slept last night. My head was too dizzy and I'm too terrified.

Sure, my brothers were scary pissed off, add Eomma and Appa to the mix and its hell.

Its still very early in the morning so im able to stay in bed and stay alive for now.

It was even more embarrassing that Chan is here.

"Up and at em! Now!" Appa said as he banged on my door.

I had already put my laptop, phone, and any other electronics on the kitchen table.

I sighed, goodbye cruel world.

I got up, got dressed, and came out of my room. I came face to face with Appa.

He had his arms crossed, looking at me expectantly, "youve got anything to say to me and your Eomma?"

I never noticed Eomma until Appa gestured to him.

"I-im sorry." I said quietly.

"We are gonna have a long talk after breakfast. Come on." Eomma said as they started walking to the kitchen.

I kept my head down as I walked Into the kitchen, we were the only ones up.

"Youll be working at the cafe everyday after school until you can make up enough money to pay us back for the fine." Explained Appa.

I knew better than to complain,  especially since I felt really guilty and it was my fault.

They sat next to me as Eomma placed my breakfast in front of me.

"Jongho,  look at me."

I looked up at Eomma, trying to avoid eye contact which ultimately failed.

"We're not mad at you. Just disappointed. Very disappointed."

Thats all it took for me to break. Tears started streaming down my face as Eomma kept my head up.

"Dont cry, its gonna be fine. This is a learning experience.  I want to know what were you thinking?

For God sakes Jongho you're 15 you know how badly it could effect your future if they didn't let you off with a warning and fine?

You'd have a hard time finding a job most places.  You're grounded until your work at the Cafe is over.  You can use the laptop for school, and use it in here with one of us. Until then I expect the best of you got it?" Asked Appa.

"Yes sir." I wiped away my tears and quickly ate my breakfast.

"Does your head hurt?" Asked Eomma.

Come to think of it, I was too terrified and overthinking to realize how much of a headache I had.

I nodded and continued to eat, Eomma gave me some medicine and sent me back to my room when I was done.

I fell back asleep, trying to relax until around an hour later everyone was up.

I just laid in bed, staring at the ceiling.

When I rolled over onto my side I saw my camera.

I picked it up and started talking to it. I never realized how much I stare off into space.

I would get distracted by nothing and start singing quietly.

There was a knock on my door, snapping my out of my trance.

"Its open."

Chan walked into my room, "hey you've got some nice pipes kid."

My face flushed red with embarrassment, "thanks."

"No need to thank me, or be embarrassed. " he sat down on my bed next to me.

Suddenly my bed became very interesting,  Chan noticed how I was distracting myself.

"I know you're in big trouble, I think the whole house heard when you got home. Don't be embarrassed,  I have brothers too remember?"

I felt less embarrassed and smiled a little, "yeah. Im just not ready to face my brothers. I know Sans already pissed at me."

"Actually hes not. Last night, yeah he was, but today he's just glad youre okay."

"Really?"

"Yep, besides I know how he feels. My brother,Hyunjin, was friends with Zico for a bit. "

My eyes grew wide,  Chan saw and continued to explain.

"Zico finds kids with good voices and uses them for distractions.  His gang is just his friends that love to steal.  It's a bad crowd,  he beat up my brother because he didn't want to follow through with his plan.

Just, listen to your brothers and stay away from kids like him." Chan said as he got up to walk out of my room.

Of course, throughout the day i got scolded several times by all of my brothers. Overall, It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The next day at school, was where the true hell started.

Zico and the guys that were with us that night got suspended.

However, there were a few who weren't with us that night.

They were angry that I got off the hook, so they started bullying me.

Big surprise right? I took punches and notes.

Not eating lunch,  rather sitting outside with BamBam.

Of course I didn't tell my brothers. They were unaware since these guys knew their way around them seeing it.

I was slammed against a locker at the end of the day, "listen here you little shit, you got off easy dont expect us to go easy on you."

I didn't say a word, just accepting my fate. I understood that they were angry.

Honestly I would be too if I were them, but unfortunately I'm on the receiving end of the punches and anger.

BamBam did everything he could to help me, they held him back as I was pushed further up the locker.

I got crammed into my locker, they slammed it shut and walked away.

I was panicking, the darkness giving me some sort of PTSD.

BamBam quickly unlocked my locker and helped me out.

"You okay?"

"Ill be fine. I should head out, thanks for being by my side."

"Of course, thats what best friends are for right?" BamBam replied.

We did our handshake, my wrist hurting for a minute.

We said our goodbyes as I went to the car.

Wooyoung drove me to the cafe, today was my first day of work.

The cafe had become a hangout place for a lot of the kids at the high school.

It was always busy now, I quickly got orders and took them out to the tables.

During the rush I could feel my wrist killing me even more.

I work until closing, which we were able to change to a very late time of 8pm.

The longest we've ever stayed open, even before the pandemic.

Eomma took me home, as soon as I arrived I had to do schoolwork.

My wrist hurting everytime I wrote something. When I finally finished my work, I decided to just go to bed.

I was exhausted and had a very long and stressful time ahead of me.

----------------------------------------------------

Ending it here :3 sorry if this wasn't that good I kinda got stuck in the middle 🥺.

I hope you like the new profile changes and recognize me haha.

Thank you all for reading this mess :)

Love yall

Trick