Chapter Twenty-five

Chapter Twenty-five

Haruto buttoned my polo for me as he brushed his hand on my hair combing it. "Let's go back already, it's your birthday but you're missing," I said with a worried voice. He pursed his lips into thin line as he nodded his head and kissed me on my forehead.

We left with our hands entertwined. My heart started beating out loud as if it's about to explode out of my chest. Haruto's grip is too tight, I don't think he has plan to let go of me.

"Sir," a guy in middle 30s called out for Haruto as we entered the hall. "Your Dad is looking for you," the guy said calmly. Haruto nodded his head before giving me a glance, "I'll be back," he said as I just gave him a nod.

"Looks like our birthday celebrant already claimed his most valuable gift to invalid his visitors. It's so unmannered of him," Eunsang said, he came holding a glass of wine as he looks exactly the same with his dirty white tuxedo—white skinned yet dirty. I rolled my eyes knowing his agenda, it is to annoy me again. I remained on my position, not throwing him a look anymore. He came closer, closing some gaps as he started whispering things again "Is Haruto good?" I gritted my teeth upon hearing his question. He glared at me as his lips formed a smirk. "Easy, Jeongwoo, I'm just curious," my fist started to crumble. "Mr. Eunsang, I beg you not to bother me because you are some dickhead I can't tolerate," his smile became wider as he let out soft evil laughs. He has this aura. He knows he's annoying and intimidating. "Dickhead... Oh, it suits Haruto so well. You will see how dickhead he is when everything is set to be done on fire. You'll burn. I'm telling you. So I think it is better for you if you run away now... I can figure it out, things will be traumatizing for you because clearly, you are weak, Park Jeongwoo," I arched my brows. He is making things sounds like miserable. And I hate that my heart is beating out loud like a roaring drums. "You know, I'm not here unprepared. I'll surely ruin Haruto, so braze yourself," he cupped my cheeks flashing a teasing smile.

I tried to calm myself and disregard what Eunsang said, Haruto told me not to listen to him and I believe Haruto. I will only listen to him.

The hall is filled with melodious music. Unfamiliar and familiar faces all around. This society is indeed filled of powerful businessmen. Too bad, Haruto and I haven't had the chance to experience being boyfriends during highschool when we were never in need to be this grown up and responsible.

I sighed before sipping on my glass of wine. I am looking for Jae and Jihoon but they are nowhere to be found, maybe they are hanging out with some batchmates.

A hand gently pulled me near the buffet table wherein light was a bit dim. I giggled when I felt Haruto tickling my finger. "Hey, why are you alone?" he asked smiling. He looks happy. I smiled "I am just enjoying the music and this wine," I said raising the glass of wine in front of him as he chuckled. Right, Jeongwoo, you don't need to tell Haruto about Eunsang. He's happy right now...

We shared the glass, and Haruto's hand is now around my waist as he murmuring things to me. I giggled when he bit my ear, "Ya," that didn't sound like I was protesting.

But seconds after an old woman in her white long dress appeared with her brow furrowed, her eyes giving off sharp gaze as she began to give me a head to toe look. She looks like an elegant woman, a woman with influence and power.

"What is my grandson doing with a looks like flirt guy?" she raised a brow. "Grandma," Haruto started saying, his voice hinting annoyance and his eyes were emotionless. I tried to calm him, massaging his thumb.