Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I felt Jaehyuk's heavy hands throwing punches at me as I told him about the out of the blue situation awhile ago—he forcefully convinced me to tell him when he was asking me nonstop since he fetched me awhile ago in the HW Company, he just knows me well, not to mention I was feeling hot on my face the whole time until he arrived.

I just lost all my defense and senses over Haruto.

"It won't happen again, okay?!" I blurted out when he continuously punching me, he was obviously shocked over that, telling me how vulnerable and guddible I am. He's good at criticizing me these days.

"You can't be so sure, Jeongwoo! The words coming out of your mouth is being neglected by your own mind and heart, pabo," he rolled his eyes at me. I understand his anger, I mean... he was the one who watched how miserable I was during the time I'm coping up over Haruto's rejection. I was too young that time, he was my first love and my first heartbreak. It was too.... harsh.

It always brings gloomy atmosphere when we bring it up.

"I was just caught off guard, okay," I told him slowly, also spacing out over my words, I mean I had the chance to push him but I did not.

"I'm not against Haruto, but I would never want to see him putting you in pain again. I would lose my sanity and might break off his face."

I suddenly feel sad hearing Jaehyuk said that. His eyes stared at me as it soften seeing me being too diversed with his words.

If I'll allow Haruto to put me in that pain again, it's completely my fault this time.

"Be honest, Jeongwoo, do you still like him?" we exchanged glances, he bent his hands at the back on my sheet, giving me a serious gaze.

"I've moved on from him, Jae, okay. I said that countless times already," I avoided his eyes as I gulped.

"You did not. You haven't moved on from him, Jeongwoo. Your feelings for him froze, it slept, it halted, you made yourself believe that you're over him making it a total failure for you to face the moving on stage. Stop lying to yourself."

I bowed down my head, ashamed to meet his eyes. "I'm sorry." I just said. All this time, I thought it will help to deny things. But seeing Haruto again, this foolish heart keeps acting up, it was like I regained more blood that it could pump.

"You don't need to feel sorry for still liking him, Jeongwoo. I'm not trying to control that. And you can't control that either. Just... be wise."

He tapped me on my shoulder as he patted my head. "Jae... what if I messed up, again?" my voice cracked. Loving Haruto scares me, I just know I'll surrender all of me again this time.

"Then, you messed up. It will be Haruto's lost again. It will always be his."

I was lying down on my bed, a book almost kissing my face as I read it too near because I'm not wearing my contact lense. I got sick of it and I'm thinking about using eyeglasses again.

My phone rang under my sidetable showing off William's name on the screen. I sighed knowing it might be about his daily rants over Leo snatching girls from him again.

"What?" I asked straightforwardly. "Our Jeongwoo doesn't miss us," he said dramatically. "Spill it, now." I told him warning him with the tone of my voice.

"I'll send to your email a project proposal from Wilson Company. Finally!" my jaw dropped on the floor. Wilson Company owned by a mysterious young man in America. It became a hot topic in business industry when the company introduced someone as the CEO to cover up the real identity of the real CEO.