Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"I never knew you're a nature lover," haruto told me the next day, watching over me prepare the picnic mat on the grass. I've came up to an idea to go out with him to do my research paper. I was left witn no choice at first... but I realized it's something I wanted.

"You look like an excited kid," he added still eyeing me with his judgemental eyes, hands on the side of his waist with his bored expression flustered on his face.

"C'mon, this is fun, Haruto," I told him after trying to convince him that it is really fun; i don't know about his type of environment doing his papers, but I've always imagined myself in the park and having picnic.

"I doubt it is," he said roaming his eyes around the place seeing some familiar faces from the University, doing their papers as well, and some of them are just busy taking pictures of him and admiring him nonstop.

"you're a celebrity, i guess," I said looking at him with a teasing grin.

He's wearing a black pants paired with black longsleeves polo tucked in making his skinny frame and long legs well-defined.

"I am," he blurted out. I scratched on my head knowing he'll never say no to any form of compliment. Afterall, I'm getting used to it, that fast.

"Sit down already," I said tapping on the side of the mat in front of me. He sighed as a sign of defeat,

"Your back garden is much more beautiful," he said still trying to insist to just go home after saying it countless times when we're on our way here.

"Mrs. Park is around, I doubt she'll allow me in her garden," I said frowning. I just remembered she just scolded me awhile ago when she saw me around the kitchen.

But I just cried it out and moved on from it because... I thought of meeting Haruto.

"Okay, so where are you already in your paper?" he asked trying to shift the topic away from Mrs. Park to at least lessen the tension of the sudden mentioned name.

I smiled a bit.

But the truth is... I've finished my research already.

"Hmm, I think I'll just need your help with the conclusion and recommendation, I've run out of words to say, you know," I tried to sound convincing which I think was effective.

I handed him the scratched edit of my paper when I saw him raising his brow at it.

"I think your paper is good," he said, lips pursed to express an impressed face.

"It's not yet done, tho," I said, it was true, my finished paper is at home.

"I can work on your conclusion and recommendation pretty fast, I thought we'll spend the whole day here," he said and left out a chuckle.

That made me sad, maybe he was just really thinking of doing my paper and go home immediately after it's done.

Should I have pretended I did not do it? I'll look dumb if ever I did. I think that's too much as an excuse to spend time with him.

I ended up scratching the back of my head and watched over him seriously typing on my laptop. His nerves moving, his adams apple moved up and down after seeing him gulped. He looks so endulged with the paperwork.

I smiled. There's something about being friends with him; I feel like we're at the same boat... but maybe I'm much more transparent. Too readable. He is someone I will never know what he's going through, because he has guarded himself well; and maybe... he just don't need someone. But I do.