Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

A week after.

A movie date. That's what Haruto told me we're doing before ending the night. Almost everyday, we eat dinner together, if not in a private restaurant, we'll have it in his apartment. For this evening, we had it in his apartment since we're too busy to dress up. And he told me he learned a dish which I think wasn't really a success but I ate a lot, so suits him to think it was.

Speaking of Haruto, he was comfortably lying down on my lap, as we readied ourselves to watch a movie. We have popcorns and soda.

"Let's turn off the lights," I said as I held on the remote, scanning a movie to watch on netflix. I heard him hissed, against the idea of turning off the lights, "There's no need for that, I guess?" his boring personality is showing up. "Come on, that's how people watch movies, with lights off!" I am not pulling up an argument and I know Haruto won't take my words like that, I just sound like a boss. "Up to you, Mister," he just said, as he clicked on the remote of the lights, giving us a dimmed and dark room, fitted for the ambiance I am aiming to feel.

I chose Me Before You, I'm not sure if Haruto likes romantic movies but I couldn't care much.

"Oh, he's handsome," I said right after seeing the male lead. Haruto tilted his head up "You seemed so appreciative," by the light from the television, I can see him raising a brow at me. I playfully pinched his cheeks "Come on, it's not like I could possibly date him, let's be realistic," I told him laughing but then he just glared at me "Still. If you find someone handsome, keep it to yourself," I just shrugged my shoulder, leaving Haruto's argument hanging on the air.

"Do you know something Clark? You are pretty much the only thing that makes me want to get up in the morning,"

I hate that I'm tearing up and hearing Haruto's snores at the same time just to find him already dozing up to sleep when he bragged that he could stay up and finish the movie with me. I contemplated weather I should wake him up but later I just decided not to.

I finished the movie all by myself. Our first movie date ended as a fail. But a smile lingered across my face watching Haruto peacefully sleeping on my lap, his cute snores and his lips slightly forming a pout made me giggle.

"I would love to take care of you," I bit my lips when his voice echoed. That moment I already wanted to say yes, I would love to have him take care of me and I will do the same thing, but I couldn't bring myself to express my thoughts about us for now... I am still digesting the situation between me and Haruto.

I guided Haruto's head to lie down on a soft pillow, when he's asleep, he won't wake up anymore so I guess he'll sleep on the sofa for tonight. Meanwhile I need to go home to pack my stuffs since we're going to see the resort tomorrow.

Before leaving, I decided to pack Haruto's clothes for him since I know he won't do it himself, he's just lazy he told me and he might just pack whatever clothes he picks up from his closet.

I wrote a letter saying I left.

I kissed him on his forehead as I put him covered in his blanket.

;

A week passed by like a rushing water, they said whenever you're happy, you just don't care about the time. I can say I'm one of those people—enjoying too much, caring less for the days passing me by.

"You're done packing up?" my mom asked, gently knocking on my door before opening it. "Almost done, Mom." I flashed a smile at her, watching her coming inside as she sat on my soft matress. It's always a rare moment whenever she's just simply watching me do my things, when we reconciled I saw a different person in her, the lively and happy go lucky.