Chapter Twenty-nine

Chapter Twenty-nine

"Jae... he was never gone." I sniffled, the tears I was trying to hold onto awhile ago, continuously streaming down on my cheeks now, helplessly. I felt my lips trembling with my heart silently breaking into tiny pieces.

The fear just sank on me right at the moment Haruto saw Junghwan...

Jae kneeled down in front of me, his shadow evident on the wall of my room. His hands softly caressed my shoulders, as I heard him sniffing too. "Jeongwoo, why do you always make my heart ache?"

"Jae... What if I'll lose Haruto? What if... he'll come back to him?"

I held on my chest squeezing tightly.

"He loves you, Jeongwoo."

Haruto's silent sobs and lonely eyes awhile ago flashed back at the back of my head, his eyes twinkled, it was as if he longed to see Junghwan again... And the way he unlocked his hand from mine, I felt like he just let go of me.

"But he loves Junghwan too..."

"They were so young that time, Jeongwoo. You can't be so sure."

I'm sure. I can't be wrong. The way his old room is still filled of Junghwan, I know a part of him never stopped loving him. And I hate that I am seeing that side of his heart now.

"Jeongwoo, please, calm down. Let's not jump into conclusions."

How. How could I not feel this scared? Seeing Haruto's reaction awhile ago, I know he's about to drift away from me.

Jae's hand patted my back as he gently pulled me for a tight hug, his hand caressing my head, trying to calm me down.

I just walked out. It was not Haruto who left me in the party, it was me... because I was too embarassed.

"Mr. Park, glad to see you here." Haruto froze on his feet when Junghwan approached me with his bright smile, he couldn't move and I know he's more flustered than I was when I saw him. I gulped so hard that I couldn't bring myself to utter a word for awhile.

"Good e-evening, Mr. So..." I bowed down my head. I met Haruto's eyes as he looked at me with doubt. "I'm looking forward for tomorrow's meeting." he said, all I can afford is to avoid Haruto's gaze because he was staring at me like he's waiting for me to clarify something. "Oh, is this your boyfriend?"

The moment he asked that, I saw Haruto shed tears again. "Junghwan..." he uttered with his voice cracked. Junghwan's eyes widened when he heard Haruto called him on his name "Do you happen to know me, Mister?" a smile flastered across Junghwan's lips and yet all I can do is tremble and bit my lips.

How lucky I was when someone called for Junghwan's attention before Haruto could find the right words to respond on his question. "Mr. So, Mr. Eunsang has been looking for you. He's waiting for you on your table."

"That jerk..." Haruto mumbled under his breath as he gritted his teeth.

And that moment, I needed to escape.

"Jeongwoo... you should haven't left Haruto alone there. He might be as surprised as you were and I'm afraid he can't handle his thoughts." that made me pause, I stopped crying as Jae held my hand. "He'll need you."

I found myself running back to the hall looking for Haruto all around. The music wasn't that loud but people are enjoying themselves, dancing and having wine.

"Haruto..." I cried silently. My feet walked its way to the rooftop, hoping Haruto would be there.

I felt my heart crashed hearing Haruto's howling. He's crying... he's in pain.