Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"Are you sure you'll be fine to leave woo with me?" Haruto asked as we are already in front of his apartment's door. I never knew he's living alone, he never mentioned—he barely shares anything about him tho.

I gave him a smile, watching him sliding a card through his door.

"I'll come visit him or take him out during weekends," I answered. The door clicked and Haruto open it widely for us. He went inside and get haruwoo outside the basket and let them play around.

His place is neat, big enough for him, I think. It's settled with a small kitchen, a sofa—no television—no any trace of picture frames hang on the wall. It's empty. Plainly white.

Haruto glanced at me, asking me to get inside as he get the paper bags of dog food in my hand.

"I'll bring you some coffee, or you want tea?" he asked. Maybe he noticed my eyes roaming around.

"Aren't you hungry? Let's just order food," I suggested, he gave it a thought and nodded his head afterwards as he dialed on his phone.

Is Haruto fine living inside this colorless place? It's gloomy. It's like I'm seeing himself.

I stared at him sadly, still busy on the phone talking. I'm worried about something, it's like he's in great sadness. But maybe it's just me who's thinking of that.

He looked at me and caught me staring, so he just gave me a smile. I am thinking is he pretending to smile or he means them?

"I'll get change for awhile, you'll be fine here, right?" he asked, I nodded my head and watched him get inside the room.

Later that, I heard the door bell. I handed the amount of money we need to pay as the delivery boy handed me the food.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"It comes fast," he said, drying his hair with a towel—wearing a black shirt and white pajamas. I needed to calm myself because I'll end up staring at him. I nodded my head and continued putting the foods on the plate.

He seated himself in front of the table, watching me. I can feel my eyes shaking side by side, nervous over the mere thought that he's staring. He just makes me nervous all the time.

"How long have you stayed here?" I asked, placing the foods on the table.

"Since first year high school," he answered plainly, eyes on the foods. He's living alone for four years already. How sad is that?

I'm afraid to ask why he's alone, I don't think he wanted to share. So I settled down and mind my own food. I'm curious but I shouldn't ask anything personal unless he'll tell me himself.

"Haven't you ever thought of living that house?" he asked. He's referring about Jihoon again.

"I can't. And I don't know if I can handle to live alone," I answered honestly. It might be lonely living with Park Family, it's tough, painful and suffocating at some times, but I can't leave them. They haven't dragged me out of the mansion, as to why, I don't know.

He just nodded his head. Taking my answer as the end of conversation.

I'm good sharing anything to him but I have observed Haruto was never that open to me.

I said goodbye to Haruto and haruwoo after that because Jae texted me he's already waiting for me. I need to be home before 7:00 PM or else Mrs. Park will close the gates and I'll need to sleep outside the mansion.

"See you, tomorrow, Haruto," I said, already outside the door.

"Take care, Jeongwoo," I told him not to walk me downstairs anymore.