Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

"Don't you think it's too soon, Jeongwoo? You just saw him for days ago and now he's already fucking courting you? I can say you're not really an easy to get guy," Jaehyuk saracasm made my ears and cheeks red, he was trying to spill facts, it was true when he said we just met again for days... it's not yet even a week.

I threw him the pillow I was hugging. "Jae! You're not even helping," I said frowning hearing him diss me again. "Okay, I'm so easy to get, doesn't suit my words, okay," I hardly admitted. What can I do, who can resist Haruto? I mean, when his eyes drifted on you, looking like it only sees you, who won't fucking melt down and kneel down for his attention more.

"So what's your problem?" he asked smirking. I rolled my eyes at him "I'm kind of... shy," for what reason, maybe because I'm too embarrassed to think of Haruto courting me. Like, I don't think that's something necessary but I also don't want to go easy with him. I mean, I have a tiny pride left in me, somehow.

"Do you feel somewhat confident now, huh? You're telling me a Watanabe Haruto is courting you, the most handsome guy in our University way back, your first love and heartbreak, but the table had pleasingly turned and he's chasing after you now," he said straightforwardly, without breathing but sounded so sarcastic. "You feel attractive and appealing now? Right?" he asked laughing, teasing me.

"I swear, you're not making sense to me now. I'm not even bringing up that you're back simping at Asahi. At least I'm done with that phase. Meanwhile, you're stuck on that, for so long now." my lips formed a teasing smile, as I sticked out my tongue at him getting red with his white shining skin. "How does it feel to think he likes you but ended up chasing on him instead?" I ran around the wide space as he started throwing the pillows on me. I know he hates it when I start bringing up about his embarrassing assumption about Asahi's feelings towards him. It was an epic fail, but my best friend just fell for that cold guy's charms. And he failed to find his way out, miserably.

"Park Jeongwoo, you're not funny!" he exclaimed with his tone getting higher with evert word he utters. I laughed, my hand on my stomach. Moments like this with Jae is what makes me feel myself. Sometimes you just can't be fully yourself around random people, but around a best friend you've come to grow with, there's no way you can pretend an emotion.

Later that day, I had dinner with my mom, Mrs. Yoon and Jae. My brother Jihoon is nowhere to be found. Mom told me maybe he's busy getting himself a serious relationship since Mom was pursuing him to give her a grandson. Which is not something surprising to me at all.

She nags Jihoon about that for so long already. I don't think my brother even considered my mom's words.

Throughout the day, I never got the chance to see Haruto after what happened yesterday night at the club. I can't even bring myself to send him a text, I think that's too much for me. And he told me about his packed up schedule for today. I also need time to digest the thought about us. Us. There could be an us now. It's possible.

I smiled remembering the sweetness of his words, his soft and delicate hands gently holding mine, squeezing it with his, his eyes on me, staring at my soul beneath it. When he looks at me, I can see the whole world in his eyes.

I held on my chest, it's beating too loud that I can hear it. Doyoung always reminds me about palpitation, it's bad for my heart so I need to hold myself whenever I feel too happy or too sad.

I breathed some air, calming myself and nerves down. I'm being overjoyed again.

But I felt butterflies in my stomach rambling when my phone rang, Haruto's name flashed on the screen. I bit my lips, nervous.