"If you dare go out there and mention what you saw in here, i swear, i will find you! I know your face and... let me see..."

Soji frisked the man quickly and got out his wallet then pulled out the man's National Identity Card which had the man's biodata and National Identity Number (NIN).

"Hmmm. This is very interesting... Nice to meet you Mr Ikenna Nwando. You stay at Number 34, Alabi Crescent, Quincy Estate, Oniru, Lekki. You walk for Castol Oil servicing firm... you seem to be a big shot, working for a posh company as this. I know your NIN now. I know where you live, where you work and you even just told me you have two sons! I'll keep that in mind. Now do your self a favour and leave this place... oh! Less i forget, you better stand outside and guard this door till i'm done with whatever business i have here. If i see anyone, as much as walk into this place, let alone knock on the door, while i'm here, i and my boys will visit you tonight! Do you undearstand?! Are we clear?!!" Soji said firmly.

"Yes sir! I heard you loud and clear... i understand you perfectly, sir!" The man replied, trembling.

"Now, Scram!" Soji growled and they all ran out of the convenience.

Soji turned to look at me then he said:

"It's ok bro. Let it all out. Don't hold it in. I'm here, bro."

Hearing those words, i broke down sobbing. Soji pat my shoulders continuously as i cried my heart out. I didn't say a word... i couldn't even form a sentence, no matter how hard i tried. I just kept on crying.

It was a good thing Soji drove everyone out of the convenience. I would have probably been ridiculed. I can't imagine how embarrassing it will be for people to watch me cry in public.

The society frowns at men crying in public. They tag such men as weaklings and not being man enough. It's funny how the society expects too much from we men. They forget that as human beings, there are things that break us. We are not just strong and brave, we are also human and we will definitely get emotional and break down in tears, one way or the other.

After i was able to compose myself, i told Soji all that transpired between Nene and i in the ward. Even while recounting the incident, i couldn't stop myself from crying...

"I knew it!! I knew she'll dump you!! You didn't even get the chance to tell her how you feel yet she dumped your ass like a trash! I told you to abort this mission. I told you she's bad news! You didn't listen to me! You were so carried away with that stupid fantasy called 'love'. Now, look at you!! See where the so called love has landed you!! You're caught in her web of seduction and witchcraft! She has you wrapped around her stupid tiny fingers, to control you at her will! If only you listened to me initially, you won't be in this mess! Get a grip of yourself. You look pathetic. Jeez! Ola! Do you realize you are crying like a baby... for a girl! A girl! You didn't cry this much when your dad left you. Stop this. Stop crying. Huh." Soji pulled me into a tight embrace.

Then Soji slowly pulled away and said:

"Brace your self! Huh! Get your shit together... we'll figure out what to do when all these has calmed down. Let's go home. You did your best and she didn't appreciate you. Let's go home or go to somewhere to cool off and get your sanity back. Huh."

"No! I won't leave until she's discharged from here. Even if she doesn't want to see me or talk to me, i'll be content if i see her one more time." I replied slowly.

"What?! You still want to see her after she has disgraced you and dumped your ass?! Ye! Egba mi! Mo da ran ooo! Ola ti sonu lo! Se ko si nkanmi to nse e bayi?! Ye! Won ti sa si ota re! Awon 'omo wobe' ti di ayie pa!! Are you for real?!"