24

She left you alone for the rest of the afternoon. But luckily, you finished what you wanted to get done for your art and were able to join the rest of the group. Particularly, Feitan.

"Are you ready to start?" He asked in your native tongue

Your breath caught in your throat as your heart picked up it's quick beating. You took a moment to steady yourself, taking in the feeling of the floor around you, the cool of the hardness that was the concrete floor. You are could see him, see the world, while everyone else had to rely on their En. You took a deep breath, in and out, and as you feel your heart begin to steady, you nod. Chrollo had explained that he believed your Nen was similar to En. It was used to see the world around you, without having to physically see it. Now, they were going to put it to the test. Could your natural En beat out those who had trained hard for years?

"Do you remember the rules?" Feitan's eyes peered into yours, waiting. You liked how they looked. You liked how he looked. It made you more nervous.

"Yes, Feitan."

"Tell me them. I don't want you to lose on a technicality."

"First," you started, making sure to maintain eye contact now that you could, "I must wait five entire minutes." You took another deep breath in, trying to relaxed your body. "Second, I can not leave the warehouse ." Feitan nodded, happy you understood.

"And?" His hand rested on your shoulder, although it desperately wanted to be somewhere else. "What else is there?" Feitan's breath was hot against your forehead and you didn't need sight to see how close he was and the look on his face. He moved his arms further around your neck and brought you into the most awkward hug you'd ever had. "Well?" Your breath left you shakily. It might have been awkward, but you really liked this guy. "I'm waiting. We can't start otherwise."

"I'm to tell you where each person is, then you can go catch them. But you are not allowed to talk. And to make sure of that..." You sucked in your teeth and glanced back. "My annoying sister is monitoring us. " He pulled his face away from your neck, but before you could get another good look at his face, he blushed and turned away. You had to focus on the game at hand. If you won, you would spend the entire day with Feitan tomorrow with no interruptions. If you lost, meaning you found less than half the people in the given time, it was the opposite. No Feitan all day tomorrow, to your sister's delight. "I'm ready."

"On you mark..." Feitan switched languages. "Get setted..." You heard Phinks chuckle. "Go!"

You felt the air whoosh around you and saw everyone take off hiding. You focused on one specific person, who you thought would be the hardest to find; Illumi. And you didn't stop watching him. This was one strategy you had considered. Another was to pay attention to as many people as possible, but with less accuracy. You'd never tried to do anything like this before.

Nevertheless, this high-stakes game of hide-and-seek had begun.