29

The next morning you got out of bed quietly and wandered out of the room to the large gathering room. You didn't really know your way around the building too well, and there was no use getting lost when you figured the person looking for you would be in that very room soon enough. The only problem was making sure you had a private conversation once they arrived.

Soon enough, troupe members did start drifting in. Bonolenov, Franklin, Phinks and even Feitan. But the person you wanted still hadn't arrived yet. The Zoldycks were off on their own family business, so they weren't going to come, but eventually a few more people drifted in. And then finally, Chrollo arrived. With everyone having gotten to the central location, breakfast was served and conversations began springing up around you. Slowly, but surely, you began making your way over to the boss.

"You have need of me, Little Sister?" The deep voice rolled over you, sending a shiver down your spine.

"Talk alone?" You inquired quietly.

"Oh, I do love gossip. Come, come," Chrollo motioned for you to follow him and walked forward. After a moment, he noticed you weren't following him. "Ah, yes, the blindness. Take my arm."

You reached out until you felt a boulder of a bicep. Wrapping your fingers around it, you suddenly felt a nen flair behind you. Figuring it was Machi, you ignored it and left the room.

"Woah, Feitan, turn down the fire!" Phinks laughed and swatted the man's back. "I'm sure Danchou isn't going to steal your girl." Feitan glared at the doorway from which you left and eventually lowered his nen flare. He didn't care to see you touching any men but him-- not that he really had any say in the matter. But there was no reason he had to like it. "So how did it go? Did you hit it?"

"If by 'it' you mean my adorable and perfect little sister, Phinks, then no, he did not." Machi strolled in the room. "And maybe watch your filthy mouth when it comes to her." Phinks rolled his eyes. Machi was powerful, but the troupe members weren't allowed to fight. He was safe enough for now. 

"And how would you know?" Bonolenov had shifty eyes moving towards Machi.

"Because she was in my bed where she belongs." Machi's eyes narrowed. "And soon enough, she'll be where she really belongs. Away from all of you."

"She no leave." Feitan spat. "She love here."

"So? She most definitely will leave. One way or another, she's getting away from you cretins."

"I oppose to being called a cretin." Nobunaga complained. "I am a studied gentle-samurai."

"Whatever." Machi rolled her eyes. "You'll see. You'll all see."

Meanwhile, with Chrollo, you had a smile from ear to ear. "Thank you! You see! You see, it good idea!"

"I'm sure we'll all see, Little Sister. Now take my arm and let's eat breakfast."