44

"I'm going to miss this." You said in a melancholy tone as you had now settled to lay on the blanket in the grass while in Feitans arms. Staring at the night sky like it was the most beautiful artwork in existence. You were cuddling close to him when his arm tightened its hold around you and then carefully released itself to rest on your hip.

"What do you mean?" Feitan murmured, sounding confused as you looked up at him from your place on his chest.

"I will miss us, the thrill of being with you and only you... and all the fun we had on the mission when we were partners..." You paused. "And you being the only one to ever really understand me. To talk to me. To love me."

It was true. You had known Machi since you both were young children. Her compulsion to monitor you never truly affected you for some reason; you could shrug her effect off like a yawn. The only thing she ever did was restrict you from things you wanted. You loved her, sure, in a required type of way. You didn't feel any need to see her. There was no desire to continue a relationship.

"Come back with me." Feitan suddenly blurted, making your thought process stop like it hit into a wall.

"What? Was that not the plan?" You asked with some shock and Feitan turned to look at you in the eyes.

"Come back with me. You won't have to join the troupe, but you will be with me and everyone else... Until we get the approval to leave." Feitan corrected his offer and made you burst out in giggles.

"Leave? You think my sister would let that happen?" When you could breathe, you looked at him. "I would love to stay like this with you, but not only will Chrollo not let you leave, but Machi will not let me leave either. Think about it, Feitan. Be realistic."

His face fell, but he hardened his resolve. "When this job is done. You will come back with me. We will get approval to leave. Then, we will." He truly didn't believe that Chrollo would oppose his happiness. Chrollo, before he was his Danchou, was his friend. Feitan was there when the Troupe was created, and he fought to keep his position. But what if he really didn't want to keep the position any longer? Wouldn't his friend let him leave?

"Why so serious?" You asked in a silly voice. "What happens, happens. Don't worry yourself over it." His hand held you tight against his body. You felt his heart rate continue to be rapid, noting that he wasn't going to calm down with some simple humor.

"I don't worry myself over that. I worry myself over you."