Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Summer directed Alex to her house but her mind was somewhere else. There was something fishy about this whole damn thing. Alex had said he had been summoned to his father’s presence so he sent Alex to send me home. But…wouldn’t he have told her himself? His father wasn’t that strict unless there were pressing matters of the office at hand…

Alex insisted on walking Summer up to her apartment for her safety. Summer wanted to scoff and wave him off, not wanting to waste any of his time but Alex insisted. Her apartment was one of the most posh in the area. She was sure it was safe.

And then, being the kind person Summer is, she let Alex in her apartment. Alex grinned at her when she allowed him to come in. But if only she could see the real devilish intentions of that grin…

  “Whoa,” Alex let out a whistle, “this place is sick.”

  Summer laughed, “My parents got it for me.”

  Alex made his way to the floor-to-ceiling windows of Summer’s living room and stared out into the distance, “The view is absolutely amazing.”

  “Yeah,” Summer nodded, tugging a strand of hair behind her ear as she walked to where he was.

  “Totally worth the money,” he eyed the place and smirked as he turned around to face her again.

  Summer smiled briefly and nodded, “Do you want a drink?” she said as she tried to turn around to walk towards the kitchen.

  “No, no,” he instantly reached out and grabbed her hand, stopping her, “it’s alright. I’ll be gone before you know it.”

  Summer eyed his hand on hers and tried to ignore it as she responded, “Oh,” she said, “are you sure? It’s the least I could do since you drove me home.”

  Alex chuckled, “It’s nothing,”

  Summer then turned to face him again and he let go of her arm much to Summer’s relief. “Well, I am going to bore you here.” She crossed her arms.

  “I am the entertainer, remember?” he winked playfully and Summer smiled but she glanced at the clock hanging on the wall beside them and Alex followed her gaze, suddenly noticing the awkward time.

  Alex frowned, “It’s getting late,” he said, “I’d better get going then.”

  “I’ll walk you out, then,” Summer said as they made their way to the door but halfway there, Alex suddenly halted and turned to face Summer with a gentle look on his face.

  “Wait, I need to try something first,” Alex said and before Summer could respond, his lips came crashing down onto hers and his arms found their way around Summer’s slim waist. She froze on the spot.

But right at that moment, the door barged open and they both jumped apart. Summer whipped her head to the door to find a disheveled-looking Jake, whose hair was slightly messed up and the first few buttons of his shirt was unbuttoned. He had a frantic look on his face but it only morphed into pure shock when he saw them.

But before Summer could comprehend what was happening, he was out the door.

~*~

Summer tried calling him; once, twice…and a lot more times after that. Her heart pumped with guilt and her eyes threatened to rain. How could she have been so stupid? How had she not seen this all along?

It was Alex. He was the cause of all this. Summer shouldn’t have invited him in her apartment or else all this wouldn’t have happened. She felt like it was partially her fault. But it was courtesy…

Alex bolted out the door in the midst of this. Summer felt alone. She had hurt the person who’d meant the world to her and what makes things worse is that she’d just declared her love for him less than 24 hours ago. She felt like such a heartless bitch and hated herself suddenly. If she hadn’t confessed…this could’ve been avoided.

But then it was Alex that had kissed her suddenly and at the perfect moment Jake came. She remembered his lips on hers and how wrong it felt. She tried to push away but Alex was too strong.

So many thoughts swirled Summer’s mind and she felt a headache approaching. She couldn’t deal with this…not now…not ever…

~*~

  “Jake,” Holly’s professional calm voice addressed the hung over man in front of her, downing an aspirin, “What happened?”

  “Nothing,” he said, his voice rough and husky, “I went to have a drink.”

  “And left with a skank,” Holly said sternly. “Do you know what this will do to the company?”

  Jake placed his hand on his forehead and stifled a groan. The splitting headache was the worst he’d ever encountered. “I don’t care.”

  Holly pursed her lips and threw the newspaper on the counter, “Look.”

  Jake looked at the front cover of the newspaper and blinked his eyes a few times before he could see the tiny printed words. Oh, not to mention the large picture of him shoving his tongue down some slutty girl’s throat.

Million-dollar heir Jake Dawson was spotted at Sunset Club last night with a few friends, downing shots and partying. Not only that, Jake was found lip-locked with a girl who was later identified as Michelle Cherie, a Hollywood actress known for her scandalous clothing. Not only that, the pair were seen leaving the club together at the wee hours of morning in Jake’s limo. However, not even 24 hours ago, Jake was found debuting his new official girlfriend, Summer Falls, who he had been supposedly dating for more than 3 months at the famous Dawson Christmas Ball. What is the infamous playboy trying to pull off now?’

~*~

Hey guys!

Don't kill me! Sorry for the short chapter but it was neccessary! As compensation, I'll be uploading before next Friday somewhere in the week :)

Commentt!

Julia :)