Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Jake really did send Summer home, much to his displeasure. He memorized the route to her apartment, making a mental note to come again soon. Well they were going to see each other soon anyway.

  “So I guess,” Summer said, “I’ll see you soon?”

  “We’ve already started something,” Jake grinned, “So we’ll have to finish it.”

  “Right,” Summer laughed. They had laughed all the way home about Clarice.

  “Just in case,” Jake said softly. Summer had wanted to ask what did he mean by that but his lips came crashing down hers. She was too frozen to even respond, and by the time she did, he had pulled away. “Just in case they’re watching,”

  Summer nodded but she couldn’t hide the blush that had risen on her cheeks, “Alright.”

  “Good night Summer,” He said, flashing her a dazzling smile. And once again, she didn’t react the way usual girls do.

  “Get lost, Dawson,” She grinned. He chuckled. “Nights,”

~*~

  “Summer Emilia Falls,” Amanda sat the edge of Summer’s bed. When was this girl ever going to wake-up?

  “Mm…” Summer stirred but she didn’t wake up. Amanda gave her a light shove, “Go away…”

  “That’s it,” Amanda stood up, placing her hands on her hips, “You asked for it.”

Summer fell back into a deep blissful sleep, glad that Amanda had stopped trying. But her happiness was only short lived because a whole river of cold water came pouring down on to her face, drenching her. She bolted upright immediately, gasping for air and wiping the water of the face.

  “What the hell, Amanda!” She scowled, shooting a death glare at Amanda, who was smiling with an empty bucket in her hands.

  “Hey, you asked for it!” She said, faking innocence. Summer pursed her lips. Her hair was completely wet and so were her top…and her bed.

  “You’re changing my sheets!” Summer glared at Amanda. Amanda chuckled.

  “Okay okay,” Amanda put the bucket down, “Now get your ass in the bathroom.”

After washing up, Summer put on a black tank top and white shorts, paired with a purple cardigan. She went downstairs and found Amanda at her kitchen, eating some scrambled eggs. There was also a plate of scrambled eggs for her.

  “They’re not as good as your cooking,” Amanda quickly said before Summer took a bite, “But it’ll do.”

  Summer smirked and took a bite, “They’re alright.”

  “So,” Amanda inched closer to Summer, “Why were you at Jacob Dawson’s house yesterday? Your text didn’t explain much.”

  Summer then started to explain everything to Amanda, starting from the night at Cloud 9, where she got drunk. Amanda squealed when she heard what happened next. By the time she had told Amanda everything, she was already thirsty.

  “Wow,” Amanda said.

  “That’s all you have to say?” Summer laughed.

  “You do know who we’re dealing with here, right?” Amanda looked at Summer seriously, “Jake Dawson, the Jake Dawson.”

  “What about him?” Summer asked. She really didn’t know what was up with people and Jake. The way they said his family name was as though they were some royal family. She burned with curiosity.

  “You don’t know who the Dawson’s are?” Amanda widened her eyes at Summer.

  “No…”Summer shook her head. Amanda had to hide a gasp.

  “The Dawson’s own Dawson’s Co,” Amanda started, “They’re like one of the richest families in the world. They’re entire family consists of actors, actresses, singers, pop-stars, famous doctors…all sorts of people! They’re so famous! How could you not know them, Sum? Especially since you come from a rich family too!”
  “Wow,” Summer blinked her eyes a few times. He didn’t tell her? “I am not that rich…” She muttered to herself.

  But it seems like Amanda heard it, “Girl, have you taken a look at your apartment?” Amanda scoffed, “It takes years for a normal person to save for an apartment like this! And you’re only 21!”

  “It was a present from my parents!” Summer quickly defended.

  “My point exactly,” Amanda said. Summer looked away, “So you’re dating him now?”

  “Fake dating,” Summer quickly corrected, “I wouldn’t date someone I knew for one day,”

  “True,” Amanda nodded.

  “And I don’t plan on dating anyone soon anyway,” Summer’s face darkened, “After what that asshole did.”

  “Don’t even get me started on your ex,” Amanda’s expression turned deadly, “That douche,”

  “Anyway,” Summer shoved all thoughts of her ex away, “I have to tell my parents.”
  “That you’re fake dating Jake Dawson?!” Amanda widened her eyes at Summer.

  “No,” Summer said, “I need to tell them we’re ‘dating’.”

  “You mean lie to them?” Amanda said bluntly.

  “No! Well, yes, but,” Summer said, “I need them to know I’ve moved on or I’ll never hear the end of my ex. They’ll keep talking about it forever and I can’t stand it.”

  “When?” Amanda asked.

  “Soon,” First, Summer needed to find Jake.

~*~

A few days later, Summer gave Jake a call, much to his surprise. They had exchanged numbers the night before they parted. He had picked up after the third ring.

  “Hey,” Summer breathed out.

  “Hey, Sum,” Jake smiled. He hasn’t talk to her for a while and he missed her voice. Wait, what? He missed her voice?

  “I need to tell you something,” They both said at the same time, pausing. Then they broke into laughter.

  “You first,” Jake said, still grinning, “Since you called.”
  “Look, my parents…” Summer explained and they engaged into deep conversation, scheming.

~*~

Hey guys!

Surprise Wednesday update! :) there's still going to be a Friday update though ;) 

Vote, comment, fan! <3

Julia :)