Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Summer fluffed up her hair and straightened her dress, sweeping away any crinkles. She licked her lips and when she felt like she looked presentable again, she took Jake’s hand in hers and stepped out to the party again. She immediately saw the decrease of guests. She took out her phone from her clutch purse and read the time. Oh. Almost midnight.

She walked her way to her supposed table only to find it empty, being ridden of plates by the cleaners in charge. She scrunched her eyebrows. Where could they all have vanished to?

  “Where is everyone?” She asked, looking at Jake, who was still holding her hand securely and proudly in his.

  “I…don’t know,” Jake muttered, ruffling his hair with his hand, “perhaps we should check inside?”

  Summer nodded, “But just in case, I am going to round the garden and then meet you inside, okay?”

  Jake smiled and nodded, pressing his lips to her hand before letting it go, making Summer blush slightly. “Alright, I’ll see you inside, Sum.”

~*~

Where is Summer? Alex’s hungry eyes searched the waning crowd for that particular one-in-a-million beauty. He needed to set his plan into action. It had all come down to this moment. This very moment when everyone leaves. It was the perfect time and he needed to find her. This was crucial. It was his most smart plan yet.

He wanted her; needed her; and possibly even loved her already. She was so important to him but she didn’t even know it. That was the funniest part.

Oh Summer…Summer…Summer…you won’t even know what hit you.

~*~

Cameron lead Amanda to the front lawn of the Dawson Mansion. People were leaving and the number of people present decreased rapidly. Soon enough, there were barely anybody left but them.

  “Tonight was fun,” Amanda said, shyly as a smile found itself on her lips.

  “Yeah,” Cam grinned, “We should do it more often.”

  Amanda giggled. Oh but you see; Amanda never giggles. “I agree.”

  “Well good night then,” Cam said, taking a step closer to the beautiful woman in front of him, daringly.

  “Good night Cam,” Amanda smiled and Cam felt his breath catch in his throat. Her smile was so enchanting, almost hypnotic. Where has she been all his life?

Not even doubting for a second, he leaned down and slowly yet sweetly, captured her lips with his.

Now that was one kiss Amanda was sure to never forget.

~*~

Summer toured the backyard thoroughly only to find both familiar and unfamiliar faces greeting her but no signs of her best friends. She frowned. As her worry grew, she walked back into the house, only to find herself face-to-face with Alex again.

  “Hello beautiful,” he greeted, stepping towards her when he saw her at the entrance to the house.

  “Whoa, Alex,” Summer laughed nervously, placing her hand on her accelerating heart. “You scared me.”
  “Sorry,” he quickly apologized with a sorry smile. “But Jake sent me here to tell you something.”
  “What is it?” Summer perked up when she heard Jake’s name being said. She was just about to meet him inside…?