Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Summer pushed open the glass double doors of the salon Amanda had told her to meet her at. She took off her shades. The smell of nail polish, hair spray and lavender hit her all at once. The sudden change of temperature, from the warm sunny outdoors to the cool air-conditioned indoors, caused Summer to shiver slightly. The salon was huge, there was nice little lobby complete with a waiting lounge and a counter. To the left and the right of the lobby were little hallways towards different areas. Don’t get her wrong, she knew that this was an expensive well-known salon; she just haven’t found the need to come here before.

Her eyes searched frantically for a familiar wavy blonde-haired girl but she wasn’t at the waiting room. She scrunched her eyebrows. She was already late 5 minutes. Amanda usually isn’t late…

  “Excuse me, miss,” The lady at the counter cleared her throat, startling Summer. She hadn’t seen somebody behind the counter. She felt a little embarrassed and her cheeks reddened slightly, “Can I help you?”

  “Oh,” Summer walked towards the counter, revealing a black-haired lady wearing a black pencil dress, “I was just waiting for my friend. Do you happen to see a blonde lady?”

  “I don’t recall,” The lady at the counter scrunched her eyebrows, “May I have your name, miss?”

  “Summer, Summer Falls,” Summer replied smoothly and the lady widened her eyes, her expression from blank to excited.

  “The Summer Falls?” She asked, her expression full of disbelief, “Wow, she’s so much prettier in person.” Summer couldn’t sworn she heard the lady say that under her breath.

  “Um, y-yeah,” Summer nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear with a small smile.

  “Oh, we’ve been expecting you Miss Falls!” The lady quickly got up from her seat and Summer could finally see her clearly, “I am Tatiana. Follow me, please.”

The lady then walked towards the left hallway and Summer followed, curious. Had Amanda booked an appointment under her name? Wait, where was Amanda?

  “Here we are, Miss Falls,” Tatiana suddenly spoke and Summer looked up from her thoughts, examining her surroundings. They were in the hair salon section. Tatiana suddenly moved aside to reveal three very familiar ladies.

  “Surprise!” Danielle, Havana and Amanda yelled out at the same time, earning some stares from the people in the salon and from the hairstylists. But they were not glares, they were more like knowing stares, for they were hiding smiles. Summer couldn’t help but grin.

  “What are you guys doing here?” Summer said happily, hugging each one of them, “And since when did you guys meet Amanda?”

  They looked at each other knowingly and mysteriously, a smirk tugging at their lips, “Somehow,” Havana said, a tint of mischievousness in it.

  “And you’re not here just for mani pedi today, Sum,” Amanda said, a grin stretched across her face, “You’re here for a full treatment.”

  Summer felt her heart drop to the pits of her stomach, “And w-what is that?”

  “Hair treatment, full-body massages, manicures, pedicures,” Danielle ticked off her fingers, “And those are just a few, honey.”
  Summer’s jaw dropped, “For what?” She quickly protested, “I am perfectly fine with the way my hair is-”

  “It’s for the Christmas Ball,” Havana said, her eyes twinkling, “One of the most anticipated events of the year!”

  Summer remembered them talking about it, “But-But I don’t even have an invitation-” Summer stuttered.