Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Just then, Summer’s phone vibrated in the clutch purse and she whimpered, pulling away from him reluctantly. He groaned in protest.

  “I have to get this,” She managed to breath out, having her breath stolen by Jake.

  He captured her lips with his for a brief second before replying, “Be back soon.”

Summer walked to a quieter corner before hitting the ‘answer’ button on her phone. She barely even saw the caller ID. But judging from the capital ‘A’ at the front, she could tell it was Amanda.

  “Hello?” Summer said into the phone, curious as to why Amanda was calling.

  “Summer?” Amanda’s slightly desperate voice rang in Summer’s ears.

  “What’s wrong?” Summer asked, noticing the tone of voice of her best friend.

  “Look this might sound really stupid but,” Amanda said in a dash, “I got lost in the Mansion.”

  Summer’s eyes grew big, “What?!”

  “I don’t know! Could you please come in and-” Amanda’s words were in a jumble and held an emotion of desperation and exhaustion, but all that was erased when she said loudly at the end, “Wait no! I found the backyard!”

Just then, Summer whipped her head to the entrance leading to the backyard from the Dawson Mansion and found herself looking at her gorgeous best friend, standing at the doorway. Amanda wore a white spaghetti-strap dress that had a mullet design for the skirt. Her hair was done in an up do that fitted her outfit completely. About half the male population gawked at her, but she was oblivious to it, her eyes only searching for a very familiar brunette.

  “Summer!” She spotted Summer and made her way to her.

  “Andy…” Summer said airily, “You look absolutely beautiful.”

  “Thanks,” Amanda blushed, “I picked it out with the girls the other day.”

  “Now you’re sure to get everyone’s attention,” Summer joked before Amanda playfully nudged her in the ribs.

Summer brought Amanda back to their table and Havana and Danielle recognized Amanda immediately, getting up and squeezing the life out of her.

  “Andy!” Havana cried, “I thought you weren’t going to make it!”

  Amanda laughed, “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

  “I am so glad you’re here!” Dani said, before it was her turn to crush Amanda’s bones.

  “Um…guys? Mind with a little introduction?” Cameron asked with a little hint of awkwardness.

  “Oh!” Summer said, “Right, I forgot you guys didn’t know each other!”

  “This is Amanda, guys,” Havana said, grinning, “She’s been Summer’s best friend since high school.”

  “Wow,” Zach raised his eyebrows in admiration, “That’s a long time.” He whistled, “I am Zach,” he winked at her. Havana felt a little, just a little, stab of jealousy in her heart. Wait what? Jealousy? She quickly brushed it off.

  “And I am Cameron,” Cam said, holding his hand out for her to shake, “Danielle’s brother.” When she placed her hand in his, he quickly raised it up to his lips and kissed them gently. Amanda blushed furiously at the small gesture. The sides of Summer’s lips turned as a smirk formed. Did anyone else notice those invisible sparks between them?