Chapter 36

This is by far one of my ultimate fav chapters :) so get ready to be mushy guys!

~*~

Chapter 36

After asking a few waiters, Summer finally found out where the balcony was. Jeffrey could’ve been more specific about where it was. She was sure she had lost a few minutes asking around.

There was a small spiral stairway that she had to climb that led to the balcony. As she picked up her heavy dress to climb the stairwell, she noticed a single red rose lying on the second step of the stairway. Bending down, she carefully picked it up and there was a little note attached to it.

  ‘S; for the stars that shine at night, leading the way.’

She looked at it curiously. What is this? Proceeding a few more steps, she found another red rose and yet another note attached to it.

  ‘U; for the way you look at me.’

Was this some sort of puzzle? After another few more steps, she found yet another one.

  ‘M; for the way you make me feel.’

Surprise, surprise; another one!

  ‘M; for the melodious and mesmerizing way you laugh.’

And another;

  ‘E; for the way you enchant me every day.’

Yet another;

  ‘R; for your ravishing beauty that sends me to my knees.’

But no, it doesn’t just stop there.

  ‘I; for your intelligence, irresistibility and innovation.’

By now, Summer’s back hurt slightly from all the bending down.

  ‘L; for your lovely, loving and lawless heart.’

She actually thought of crawling up the stairs.

  ‘O; for your big observant eyes.’

But the stairs were quite dirty so…

  ‘V; for your vibrant, vivid and velvety voice.’

Hey, almost there!

  ‘E; for your eccentric, exotic, enormous eyes that hold me.’

Summer finally reached the end of the stairs and by the end of her name she had stopped reading the notes and just proceeded to scoop them off the floor. She stood at the top of the stairs and read them one-by-one. And by the time she’d read them all, she was sure her heart had melted into smooth honey and her stomach was filled with fluttering butterflies. However, she noticed none of the cards stated who sent them, even at the back. But she had an idea…

Still blushing red, she pushed the door at the top of the stairs open and she found herself inhaling fresh air. She was at the balcony, at last. But she gasped the moment she saw what was and who was in front of her.

There were little candles arranged on the white intricately-designed railings around the balcony, sparkling and twinkling cutely, creating a sort of warm glow on the balcony. The railings of the balcony were also surrounded by little vines, swirling their way around each railing. But that wasn’t what made it so special; it was the delicate red roses that were swirled and placed in between them. And finally, the red rose petals that were neatly arranged on the small balcony floor to form the word, ‘YOU’, that completes the set of notes that Summer had picked up on the way up the stairs.

But the main attraction of course, was the person standing in the middle of the letter ‘O’ in ‘YOU’, looking rather dashing.

Jeffrey stood there, his mask still intact, a handsome grin across his face…a very familiar grin…

  “Summer,” Jeffrey said, her name rolling off his tongue like honey.

  “Wait,” Summer put the pieces together. You know it was weird how he could plan all of this so quickly – plus the red roses and their little lovey notes attached to them – and so romantically. Unless of course… “You’re not…you’re not really called Jeffrey are you?”

  His grin only broadened as he stepped closer to Summer, taking her hands in his and gently pulling her towards the edge of the balcony, where the moon could cast a glow on both of them. “Then what is my name?”

  Summer bit her lip and started to take in the features of this handsome – somewhat – stranger but the mask so efficiently covered up most of his face, leaving him quite undistinguishable. He could be anyone. “I…” He took more daring steps towards her.

  “Guess,” He whispered in her ear. Her grip around the roses in her hands tightened as her heart started to thud rapidly against her chest.

  “I don’t…” Summer bit her lip as they looked at each other intently.

And then it all clicked. Because of his mask and the dim lighting in the ballroom she hadn’t been able to see his eye colour clearly. Now, barely an inch from each other, she noticed the depth his blue eyes held and the rare vivid blue that she’d only seen on one other man that fitted the whole description perfectly.

Her lips curved into a sly smile as she finally realized it was him all along.

  “Jake,” She breathed out, a grin slowly forming on her lips as one did on his.

  “Yes, Sum,” He said, losing the British accent and deep voice altogether, sounding exactly like him. “Took you long enough.”

Summer laughed before they kissed under the moonlight.

All of them have found out who their mysterious secret admirers are. Well, unless you count the enchanting stranger that has been alluring Danielle all night.

Part three might be done;

But now it’s time for the interlude.

~*~

Heeeh, told you! ;)

I couldn't resist c: anyways, two more parts left till the end ;/ will be uploading 37 on 29/12 and 38 on 31/12! keep that in mind guys! ;D

Keep the comments rolling! :D love you guys!

Julia :)

p.s. do you guys actually read the tags? :s