34| G I R L F R I E N D

"One man, one womanTwo friends and two true loversSomehow we'll help each other through the hard times"

"One man, one woman
Two friends and two true lovers
Somehow we'll help each other through the hard times"

* * *

After a while, Mrs Dawson, Remus and Eros rushed River off to St Mungo's hospital after the healer that came to them (who is part of the Order) told them to, leaving everyone at Headquarters baffled. Bill hauled himself off of the floor and moved over to the dining table and slumped in a chair at the dining room table with his head in the palm of his hands. Charlie sat down beside him, patting his back.

"Uh, Bill, mate. Why was she with you?"

Bill sighed, "I bumped into her, okay? I went out for the day and bumped into her. Simples."

Charlie smiled, "ah that's good then." The eldest brother turned his head to look at his younger brother who had a smirk on his lips. "What?"

"It's just, she's the bird I was telling you about. You know, from the market."

Bill slammed his hand on the table and shoved his chair back. It squeaking across the stone floor and falling back with a loud crash! "Are you bloody stupid? I couldn't care less who you met in the market! River has just had a seizure and all you care about is her being fit and thinking you have a chance with her. Newsflash, Charles, you don't have a chance with her and there are more important things than that at the moment anyway. She's just been rushed to hospital!"

Charlie's jaw clenched and he too squared up to his brother. "Of course I care! If I'm going to ask her out then I need her to be well!"

"Are you deaf? Have the dragons burned away your hearing? You have no chance with her!" Bill roared, tugging at his hair exasperatedly.

"What? And you do?"

"Yes!"

"No you sodding well don't! I'm way better looking than you, I have better clothing style and my job is so much better! Much more interesting than being a bloody curse-breaker, you stupid fuckwit!"

Bill barked with laughter, the thought that Charlie had a chance with River was the funniest thing he had heard all day. Charlie stood vexed and baffled at his brother. Why was he laughing?

"Oh, Charles, sweet, innocent Charles. I know I have a chance because she's already my girlfriend-"

"SHE IS WHAT?"

Bill spun on his heals and came face-to-face with Eros who stood in the doorway. His fists where balled and his unruly eyebrows raised so high, lines formed in his forehead.

"I-"

"You're dating my twin sister?" Bill nodded. "Eros shook his head. "You're my best friend and you meet my sister for five seconds and suddenly become her boyfriend? That's pathetic. And to top it off you're fecking arguing over her when she's just had a seizure? Have some sympathy you eejits!"

Bill's shoulders slumped, "how is she?"

"Ah! Finally, you have the decency to ask. They have no idea what's going on but they've let her come back. She needs to rest and to be kept an eye on. I'll be booking some time off of work in order to look after her-"

"I can-"

"No. I'm not having either of you near her right now." Eros cut Charlie short. From in the hallway, Mrs Dawson and Remus were talking. "Remus is putting River to bed, don't go into her room. I mean it."

Eros left the room but returned quickly, shoving Bill into the wall. "You're a bastard!" He then stormed out again.

Bill straightened his clothes and Charlie snickered. "You win and you lose some, eh?"

"Piss off."

River fought the duvet being tucked around her, she had fallen asleep when being brought back to Grimmauld place. She whined, pain shooting through her back as she shuffled up. "Hey, hey, hey, careful," said Remus, gently helping her.

"What happened? I remember waking up briefly but I dunno-"

"You had a seizure."

"Really?"

"Mhm."

"Damn."

Remus chuckled and perched on the bedside. River looked really out of it and he was sure her eyes were not straight as she blinked multiple times. "Where is Bill?"

"Bill?"

River blushed making Remus grin widely. "Oh, does somebody have a crush... wait? Were you on a date?"

"Somewhat."

Safe to safe Remus gladly went to go and get Bill for River. He snuck the man into the room and left them be. Bill stood against the far wall, furthest away from her with a heavy heart and his hands rubbing the back of his neck.

"What's going on?" River asked him with saddened eyes. The air in the room was thick and she gulped roughly, unable to do it properly.

"Eros knows about us and he's not happy."

River groaned, "is that it? Bill, don't worry about him, he'll get over it- mm."

Bill rushed forward as she creased her eyes shut. "What's wrong?"

"My hip clicked," Bill sighed in relief and took her cheek in the palm of his hand. She nuzzled into him with a smile. "What else happened?"

"You cracked the pavement- crap, I'm not saying you're fat. Sparks flew from you and cracked the pavement. Darling, I don't know what's going on but between you and I it seems very magical. As if you are gaining magic."

"I doubt it, Bill. Mm... can I get a cuddle? Everything hurts." Bill gently lifted her up and sat down in the bed, setting her on his lap. She cuddled close to him, "everything hurts."

"I know, I know. It's going to be okay." Bill told her but he wasn't so sure himself. This was unpredictable and unprecedented, he had not witnessed anything like this before and it affected someone he cared about deeply.

"How do you know?"

"Because you are a strong lady and you have so many people by your side to help you. Trust me, no one will let anything happen to you. Not on my watch." Bill pressed a kiss to her head, he ran his finger through her hair. "Even if it means fighting my brother off- yeah, I know about you being, and I quote 'the fit bird from the market'."

"Oh." Her face dropped and guilt washed over her even though nothing happened between her and Charlie. "I-"

"Ah, don't worry about it, I've got you and that's all that matters. That and making sure you get better. Whatever this is."

"Gosh, I really don't deserve you."

"We've been over this. You deserve me and I deserve you, we are unstoppable, after all when Ireland and England are together, nobody is safe!"

A/n-
If anyone can decipher the slight reference at the end I'll send you virtual cupcakes :)