12 | R O M A N I A

"Knowing me, knowing you (ah-haa)We just have to face it, this time we're through"

We just have to face it, this time we're through"

* * *

River made a quick pit stop at the local bar where she bade the locals she had spent some time with goodbye. So far leaving the island was the hardest place to leave, she had made so many unforgettable memories on it that would live with her until the day she dies. It was a beautiful place, one that she hopes to return to one day, even for a short holiday. It was magical but it's wasn't quite magical enough.

This time she managed to catch the ferry, sat between two elderly ladies who were in a world of their own. She caught a glimpse of Mathias cleaning the gop of his boat in the distance and she sunk down in her seat. She didn't want him to see her, she couldn't face his stupidly beautiful face again.

Once on the mainland, River waited for a taxi to take her to the train station that dropped her off at the airport. The first flight she could board to Romania she was on it with lightning speed. Goodbye Greece it's been good.

The Romanian heat was definitely different to Greece. It was somehow better, don't ask her how, she didn't know. It was probably because she was used to the islands temperature, she felt this way when first arriving there, so who knows why it was so good?

Immediately outside of the airport was long road that seemed to lead to a large market square where people were bartering with locals and also tourists. Fishing into her bag, her neglected camera made it into her hand, only being used a few times on the island, a River made sure to snap a few photographs through out the hustle and bustle of the market. There were elderly women picking out fruit from stalls, the bright oranges and yellows standing out against their tanned skin. Everyone wore great big smiles and laughter was the most prominent sound above the bartering.

Around a corner was a small hotel, which thankfully had 'vacancies' hanging in the window. Her arms aches from the carrying her bags all day after her lack of sleep the night before and she could feel them wanting to drop off if she didn't give them some relief. River, hoping that she would be more successful than she was in Paris, pushed open on the door to see a young man behind the counter.

"Salut," he greeted with a small smile. River paused, confused. That certainly wasn't a Romanian accent.

"Hi?" She replied, wearily stepping forward.

"Ah, you speak English, that would be easier," he chuckled, "so, how can I help you miss?"

"Could I have a room please?" She asked like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

The man, dark haired, tanned, with blue eyes (not as bright as Mathias' but significantly blue nevertheless), nodded his head and tapped on keyboard connected to the computer. As he did so he said, "what brings you to Romania?"

She shrugged, "felt like it."

"That's not the usual answer from people, I like it. How long are you here for?"

"God knows."

"Well, I'm not god but we have a room free for three weeks if you want it?"

"Sure, that'll do, thanks." River nodded her head.

"Can I get your name? It's just to put in the system."

"River Dawson."

"Unique. I like that too. Well, Miss Dawson, you have room 13, I hope that is okay for you. If you need anything just use the phone in the room and ask for Kit and I'll be happy to help." The man replied handing her the key.

"Thank you very much, Kit," replied River who took the keys gratefully and rushed up the stairs. However, she was slow enough to hear him mutter under his breath, 'damn that arse'. Her eyes widened and as let out a loud chortle which shamelessly Kit heard and he hurried into the staff room just in case she returned down the stairs to confront him about it.

Throwing her bags onto the bed River raced into the bathroom to relieve her bladder before she wet herself. She had never felt so happy to use a bathroom. Sighing in relief, River leaned back against the seat and sat thinking for a while. Her mind automatically went to one thing and one thing only. Or should I say, person. Why? Why was he always there?

It was as if he was there with her, whispering the dirty things in her ears like he had done previously. Then following them with sweet, gentle words that made her putty in his hands.

"Oh sweet darling, this is your fault. You made me like this way," his voice sent shivers down her spine and she could feel his touch against her skin like tiny bolts of electricity running through her veins. River's eyes opened in shock and she grew dizzy clutching onto the side of the bath she steadied herself, breathing heavily. What the hell had just happened?

Her finger tips burnt and her eyes stung and her body felt quite weak slumping forward she fell from the toilet, her hand slipping from the bath and her landing bare-bottom up on the floor.

"What in the name of the Lord?" She exclaimed shakily. She pushed herself up and dealt with her private areas before pulling her trousers up. That was like nothing she had ever experienced before. What. The. Hell.