28| R O N

"Like a roller in the ocean, life is motionMove onLike a wind that's always blowing, life is flowingMove on"

Move on
Like a wind that's always blowing, life is flowing
Move on"

* * *

That night, the whole house was snoring, a few people murmured, others grumbled, but one lay wide awake. River laid on her side, her brother was in the bed opposite hers (it had been heard since they shared a room) and she clutched her duvet tightly. She shook violently as she tried to suppress tears. It still felt tremendously horrible to her. Her whole life was turned upside down and there was nothing she could do.

The men from the house still occupied her mind. What did they want? Why were they in their house? Why were they bad men? What did they exactly want with her father? Despite her mother's explanation it was still very vague and didn't make any sense.

Her mouth dried so she clambered out of bed, shaking away her tears. She grasped a hoodie that belonged to Eros and slipped that over the top of her shorts and t-shirt. She tugged on some fluffy socks, then her slippers and escaped from the room.

The corridor was dark and gloomy. The portraits that dressed the walls moved and that was something could not wrap her head around. They made noises that were airy and amongst a somber, pitch black corridor made it even scarier for her to descends the countless staircases. She gripped the handrail like she was about to fall flat on her face and edged down the stairs slowly.

When she managed to get to the dining room she shuffled through to the kitchen and poured a glass of water before setting herself down at the dining table when suddenly the lights flickered on. River jumped and snapped her head to the door to see the youngest ginger boy who sheepishly smiled at her.

"Do you mind if I join you?" He asked, his eyebrows raised slightly.

"Go for it." Replied River who turned back and started to swill her water around her glass.

Ron awkwardly pulled out a chair opposite her, it squeaking against the stone floor before sitting down then jumping it further under the table. "Sorry."

"It's calm."

The pair sat in silence. The air was thick and Ron didn't really know where to look, he found River spellbindingly beautiful and definitely believe she was part Veela. There was no way she couldn't be. Her and her mother were beautiful with long blonde hair. It would be impossible to be that beautiful without Veela blood. Or maybe that was just was Irish women were like? He had never met an ugly Irish woman. So Irish and Veela would be the perfect mix. Yet he could tell there was something eat away at her. That was the worst feeling.

"You alright?"

"Meh. It is what it is."

Ron tilted his head, "um, 'Mione says I have the emotional range of a teaspoon but I think I can tell that something is up. You can talk to me, I generally forget anything afterwards so it won't go any further than between us. Or I can go get Fred or George, they can cheer anyone up, they're good at that. Don't tell 'em I said that though, their heads are already big enough and I don't want them calling me soft all the time, you know."