08 | A L L E Y

"We make up with each otherThe way old friends do"

The way old friends do"

* * *

For the first few days River found herself exploring the island, climbing trees to look out at the wide stretch of water which shone a bright azure with the sun rays dancing onto its waves. The island was magnificent and the more she explored the more she found, it was as if she had found the end of the world, except it never seemed to end!

One evening she was in the local bar sipping on a cold glass of beer her feet tapping along to the beat of the music. Not many people inhabited the bar that evening, or the evenings previously but there were a fair few people enjoying the end of their day in there, a low chatter fading into the melody belonging to the band.

"Is anyone sat here?" A voice asked from behind her. At first River didn't realise she was being spoken to until she felt a soft tap on her shoulder.

Turning her body so that she could see, River was in for a pleasant shock. Stood, a smirk toying with his lips and his hands shoved into his pockets, rocking on the balls of his feet was the handsome redhead from Paris. His long hair was slicked back into a ponytail giving River full view of his fang earring and sharp jawline that looked ready to cut anything it touched. His dark, rockstar-style clothes contrasted highly with those who lived on the island who wore light and bright colours (quite often white, blue and yellow) but nonetheless he looked great.

"Bill?" Asked River confusedly.

Bill chuckled, "fancy seeing you here, darling."

"You knew I was going to be here, I told you remember."

"Oh, so you did!... you didn't answer my question." River looked at the man quizzically, "is anyone sitting there?"

River shook her head and let the man sit before her. "So why are you here?"

"I have a week off work and well, I knew where I could find you so took my chances. It wasn't hard to locate exactly where you were on a Greek island when all I had to mention was "blonde Irish lady" and was directed to here by a lovely Greek man whose moustache was very exquisite. I might get one myself."

"No!" Cried River, "I mean, do what you like. I have no say. You just suit clean shaven but you do you, hun, you do you."

Bill chortled, "I'm glad to know you're a woman who knows what she wants."

"But I'm not."

"You don't want me to have a moustache or a beard. Of course you are."

River found herself blushing. She didn't mean to burst out her inner thoughts like a crazed woman especially to someone she barely knew. Bill could do what he liked with his face— his remarkably hot, striking face. The woman pushed her thoughts to the back of her head feeling herself become embarrassed.

"Absolutely not," she told him, her voice stern and her eyes daring. Bill looked at her knowingly which she refused to conform to under his watchful eye. "No I'm not! If you're going to be like that then that seat is taken!"

"Yeah, by my sexy arse."

"Oh, Oh! You're going to be like that are you? You're so annoying!"

Bill raised his hands in surrender, "I've been here five minutes!"

"Feels like five years!"

"You'd love that wouldn't you?"

"No."

"Hmm..."

"Don't 'Hmm...' me, you sodding git! I would bloody well hate it!" River cried standing up, chugging the last few mouthfuls of her beer and sauntering off out of the bar.

The elderly woman, who looked great for her age, picked up River's empty glass and pointed her finger at Bill. "Go avter 'er, your vandering eyes speak of how much you vant her." Bill tried to deny it but her raised eyebrows and knowing smile forced him to rise from his seat and chase after the blonde woman.

His feet hammered against the cobbled ground as he followed the path towards the stairs which would lead him up higher ground and the dirt track which he assumed River had taken. He was mid-way up the stairs, thankful that his quidditch training was still impacting his stamina as he barely broke a sweat on the descent.

An arm stretched out and took hold of the front of his shirt, dragging him into a nook in the wall which was dark and led into a small alley. The hand remained clutching his shirt as hot breath fanned his lips, soon to be replaced by the familiar supple lips which he had missed since he was in Paris.

His hand rested on the wall beside River's head whilst his other planted itself on her waist, encasing her between him and the wall. His thumbs tuned soft circles on her and River tugged at his shirt making Bill pull away and snigger.

"Not in public, River," he mumbled, his lips with a narrow gap between hers, his and her breath still mixing. It was one of the first times he had actually spoken her name and boy did it sound good! Like a sweet melody that rolled off of the tongue like it was made just for him.

River scoffed, "I wasn't doing that, twatface, I was losing grip on it!"

"Sure. Sure."

"Sod off."

Bill didn't respond, instead he pressed his lips back onto hers feeling a mixture of ecstasy and bliss in his stomach as her lips danced with his, moulding around each other's like they would made for each other, both of them forgetting that they were in a dark, dingy alleyway on a Greek Island and not in the comfort and privacy of a house or a hotel. Well, that was until a man carrying a crate of wine coughed obnoxiously, waving the crate at them to get them to move.

"Apologies, mate," Said Bill, a rose tint on his cheeks as he took River's hand and led her away from the alley and up the rest of the stairs.

"Do you even know where you are going?" She asked him as he walked a least two steps in front of her, their arms stretched in order to keep hold of one another.

"Not a clue."

"Where are you staying?"

"In the little bed and breakfast on the seafront."

"There is actually a b&b ? Oh, I didn't know that!" Said River, a slight tone of laughter pacing her words.

Bill turned his head towards her puzzled, "where are you staying then?"

"Wouldn't you like to know..."