Chapter 60: Admit

Chris
After The Talk W/ Taylor

I stormed to the couch, aggressively sitting down, "I should beat yo' ass for that weak ass suggestion!" I yelled at Dr. Tsay.

He stared in confusion, "Wait—What happened?"

*Flashback to two days ago*

Taylor

I rocked Cheyenne in my arms, "Shh..." I softly said, placing her pacifier back into her mouth.

She finally stopped fussing and fell asleep. I held her for a few more minutes, stroking her face and smiling, not only to assure she was asleep but because I was actually enjoying staring at how adorable my creation was.

I went upstairs to lay her in her crib since it was about 8 and she'd likely be sleep for a while, especially since she's turning 3 months in some days so she's about to sleep longer than usual.

Once I made it back downstairs I started cleaning up the mess I made from making bottles and cooking. I was about to turn on some low music to slow down the thoughts that were flooding my head when I heard a knock at my door.

I wiped my hands off on the dish towel that was on the counter and went to answer the door, assuming it was Mia since she does like to randomly pop up.

I was greeted with Chris and I admit it stunned me, my eyes were big for a second, "Um, hey." I said

"Hey, can I come in?" He asked

I hesitated, not wanting to let him for a second because of how has been acting but stepped aside to allow him in anyway.

He immediately walked to the couch and sat down. I walked over to couch myself and sat next to him, turning to face him.

"So, what brings you here?" I asked

He shrugged, "I wanted to try to....reconcile things."

I raised my eyebrows, "Really?"

I wanted to believe him but I know he's an asshole so he could possibly be playing a cruel joke.

"Yeah." He nodded

He took a deep sigh and finally looked at me, "Okay, when you're ready." He said

I squinted, kind of confused, "I'm sorry? I thought you said you wanted to try..."

I could tell he was already growing annoyed though he tried to keep his "calm" facade, "Can you start so I can get my thoughts together?" He asked

The entire drive here you had time to get your thoughts together but okay.

I sighed, "Uh, well, maybe we can start with what's been goin' on, why have you been actin' so..indifferent?"

He rubbed his hands on his adidas pants, "You...you ain't been understanding me."

That too caught me off guard, "What? How?"

"Yeah, you just think I'm tryna be angry and tryna take my anger out on Cheyenne, but it's you—you're my problem."

I squinted, "Well..." I paused, trying to gather my words. Mia's words rang in my head periodically, like when she was telling me what not to do. I tried to also keep in mind to not be an asshole like I typically would be, "Technically you are displacing your anger onto Cheyenne, and you still haven't given me an acceptable reason as to why, you just placed the blame on me." I calmly replied