Chapter 57: Stubborn

Y'all welcome 😭♥️  comment on up.

2 days later

Mia put her palm on her forehead, "Did y'all really say all of that to each other?" She asked

I nodded, "Yep."

She sighed, "This is not okay, I thought y'all were supposed to be coparenting...in a healthy way."

"I was trying to! I'm always trying to, despite how much he makes me hate him. I do one slip up and he's ready to cut my head off. Yes, I know it was too late to be asking him and I should've asked sooner, I know that. Yes, I know I should've double checked I had my phone, but he didn't have to come to my house disrespecting me like that, not even caring if he woke the baby up."

She nodded in agreement, "I do agree on that. I also think he didn't hold back during the argument because he was still upset about what you said to him a few days ago. Remember when he came over, he did have an attitude with you."

"I do remember that, and I also think that's what that is as well. I don't care though, he asked for it!"

"But I also think why this coparenting isn't working for the both of you is because you're both harboring feelings. He obviously still has feelings for you, and it's blatantly obvious! Especially the way you said a few of your conversations went and how much he tried to convince you that everything was a set up."

I shrugged, "Yeah, he still has feelings—I don't."

"You do."

"No, I don't."

"You do. You're only telling yourself that so you can continue to believe it. Initially you had to cold turkey force yourself to cut those feelings off because you were tired of getting your feelings hurt. They're still there, you're just lying to yourself. Once you come to terms with those feelings, and once he comes to terms with them, I think coparenting will go way better for the both of you."

I stared at her, trying to find a way to deny everything but nothing came to head.

"I wish I could just..not coparent with him anymore. Forbid I do another slip up and he's running me over with his car."

She covered her mouth to conceal her laughter, "No, I don't think it's like that. It was just under the circumstances, he had something very important to do and you told him at the last minute."

"But when I initially called, he said no before I could finish getting my sentence out. He didn't want to do it anyway, he's not good at it so he prefers to not do it."

She nodded, "That could be true, but I don't think he doesn't want to do it, I just think he's using her to manipulate every situation. Like, when he came over that night and woke her up, that was unnecessary as fuck. Just for him to pass her off to you and leave. In other words, you hurt his feelings so he's trying to hurt your feelings."

"In the wrong way, that's not how you get back at someone. Pop up with a girl or something that'll make me jealous and we'll see what feelings are still there, not waking up my baby to get back at me, or denying to watch her. He's childish as fuck! And him throwing Lance in my face proved that! I hate him."

She nodded, "Now that, that was an extreme low blow. I'm going to his place when I leave from here and I'm telling him off for that."

I shook my head, "You don't even have to. Talking to him won't work, he's a stubborn asshole."

I put Cheyenne's pacifier in her mouth because she started fussing in her sleep. Forbid she wakes up right now, she literally just went to sleep. Her schedule is still thrown off, I'm exhausted trying to keep up with her. I changed the speed on the swing and sat back on the couch.