Chapter 42: How You Feel

Chris and I were enjoying some time together that we haven't been able to spend together in a while. He's been working a lot more than I intended for him to be so when he finally got an off day, he dedicated it to me.

"Hold on, let me get some more popcorn ready." He said

"Okay" I said and leaned off of him. I paused the movie while he got up and went into the kitchen.

While I scrolled on my phone, waiting on him to come back, his phone vibrated on the arm of the couch.

I reached for it and it looked like the same number from the other night. I'm fixing to answer it but I'm not going to be more in his business than I already am right now. I was about to put the phone back but the call ended and a text popped up from the same number.

627-628-1009: Hey, just wanted to see what you were up to☺️. I can't wait to meet with you again😚
10:20 PM

Chris poked his head out of the kitchen, "Do you want your own separate bowl like earlier?"

I tossed his phone between my lap and looked up, "Oh, um..sure." I said

He gestured a thumbs up and went back into the kitchen.

Who is this?                                                                         10:24 PM

I couldn't help but to reply, I think I know who it Is but I wanted to be for certain. I wish I thought before I replied, I don't know his password to unlock his phone and delete the message so I know he'll see it.

"I almost burnt it, I need a new damn microwave." he chuckled as he sat down with both of our bowls.

We pressed play on the movie and resumed watching it.

His phone notification dinged, I was hoping it wasn't the whomever that was replying back to the text message.

He glanced down but looked but up so I assumed it wasn't.

10 minutes later another notification noise went off.

He glanced down and frowned. I looked back at the movie while he unlocked his phone.

"Did you...did you text someone back on my phone?" He asked, looking over to me.

I picked up the remote and paused the movie, "Yeah, I did."

He frowned, "Why?"

"I was trying to figure out who was calling you at almost 11 at night."

"And something just told you it was okay to pick my phone up and text back?"

"I mean, yea—"

"No, you ain't got no business texting anybody or answering any of my calls. That's for me to find out, I know who this is I didn't need your assistance in figuring out who it was." He said, following with an eye roll.

"Okay, no need to get all defensive, it must've been someone significant for you to be getting this angry."

"See, that's your problem, you always thinking otherwise—it's not about the person being significant or not, it's the point you took the liberty of taking my phone and started replying to texts that had nothing to do with you. Stop touching my damn phone, 'cause you'd throw a big ass fit if I did the same to you." he said and pressed play on the movie without giving me a chance to reply.

I grabbed the remote and paused the movie again, "I've touched your phone plenty of times before, why is it all of a sudden a sin?"

"That's when I've asked you to, like if I'm busy and told you to answer it for me or tell me who's calling, not pick it up on your own because you're speculating."