twenty-seven ~ expecto patronum

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     Harry steps forward, releasing his hold on me. He stops Lupin and Dad from killing Peter. 

     A part of me bursts into anger. How could he!? Right after hearing what he did to my mom too?!

     I let out a breath. I need to remember the mission. He has to get to Voldemort.

     "We'll take him to the castle. We'll hand him over to the dementors. He can go to Azkaban, but don't kill him," Harry said. His eyes flickered over to me but I looked down to the floor.

     Peter began thanking Harry. 

      "Get off me," He spat, throwing Peter's hands off him in disgust. "I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it because I don't reckon my dad would've wanted his best friends to become killers- just for you." 

      My fingers looped around my bracelet as I began to fiddle around with it. While stuck in my thoughts, I was only snapped out when Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. 

      I didn't even realize it was empty already.

     It took a bit of time for everyone to get in through the trapdoor, but once everyone started walking I realized what was coming. 

     Harry looked over his shoulder to glance at me, "You alright?"

     "To be determined," I muttered.

     He gave a half-hearted smile and took my hand away from my bracelet, hooking his finger around my own.

     "You know what this means?" Dad asked abruptly. "Turning Pettigrew in?"

     "You're free," Harry smiled. 

     I looked down at my feet and felt my heart crumble once more.

     "Yes, but I'm also- I don't know if Cassidy's ever told you- I'm your godfather," Dad said.

     "Yeah, I knew that. Cass told me when you got me the firebolt. Thank you for that by the way," Harry grinned. 

      "Cass? I thought everyone called you Sid," Dad rose an eyebrow at me while smirking.

      "Yeah, yeah- whatever continue your offer," I say trying to get them to stop talking about me while the warmth rises in my cheeks.

     Dad cleared his throat, "Well...your parents appointed me your guardian if anything.... if anything were to happen to them..."

      Harry stayed silent.

      "I'll understand if you wanted to stay with your aunt and uncle-" I scoffed at this. "But well....think about it...... Once my names cleared....if you wanted a.....a different home. One with me and Sid..."