five ~ the garden path

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

      I wasn't expecting anything big for my birthday, but I also wasn't expecting a letter telling me that Livia had run away from home. 

     Apparently, her mother wanted her to become a death eater and she ran to Circe's house. 

     "Do you think she'll be alright?" Hermione asked me when I showed her the letter.

     "I hope so," I replied solemnly. 

     It was history repeating itself and all I could think about was Dad and how the same thing happened to him when he was younger. 

     He was never far from my thoughts. 

     But with the thought of Dad also came the thought of Bellatrix and then back to Voldemort.

     My mind was always whirring with thoughts and questions as I continued to overthink everything: Draco's detour to Knockturn Alley, his god-forsaken mission, Ollivander's disappearance, the half-blood prince, and so much fucking more that only makes my stomach sink further into oblivion leaving me with a terrible stomach ache.

     In all, my birthday was not exactly relieving.  

     As the rest of August continued, my anxiety was practically spiking and it didn't help that Harry was prodding me with questions about Draco. 

      "I told you I can't tell you!" I responded as Harry asked me about it again. 

      I had yet to tell him about my anxious demeanor simply because I didn't feel the need to worry him. He already has the world on his shoulders as is- along with grieving his godfather- I thought it best to not weigh him down with my troubles too.

      "But he's up to something! I know it and you know it too! His father's a Death Eater and-"

      Harry broke off, his eyes fixed on the window behind me, his mouth open. 

       "Harry?" I furrowed my eyebrows at his sudden stop in speaking. "What's wrong?"

      "Your scar's not hurting again, is it?" asked Ron nervously.

      "No, it shouldn't," I muttered worriedly.

       "He's a Death Eater," Harry claimed slowly, "He's replaced his father as a Death Eater!"

      There was a silence. 

       I tried really hard not to give any tells. Of course, I knew that Harry would try and obsess over proving he was a Death Eater but I couldn't have Ron and Hermione encouraging him about it too.